New Delhi sources have stated that Country's second largest two-wheeler maker Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India commuter segment motorcycle CB Shine has surpassed the Hero Passion for the first time. HMSI sold 1,00,824 units of CB Shine making it the fourth largest selling motorcycle in the month of April 2017 growing at a whopping 51.18% when compared to 66,691 units in the same month last year.
Meanwhile the Hero Passion which has been one of the best selling motorcycles in India and for Hero Motocorp sold 80,053 units falling at a rate of 19.11% when compared to 98,976 units in the same month last year.
Both motorcycles fall under the same price range of Rs 50,000 -
Rs 60,000 (Ex-Showroom Delhi). According to the industry experts, customers
always want to have a better vehicle in terms of design, performance and power.
Moreover apart from Activa, Jupiter is the only scooter in the top 10 selling two wheeler lists. The Chennai-based two-wheeler maker sold 58,527 units growing at a 35.30% when compared to 43,256 units in the same month last year. TVS XL Super the only moped which posted negative sales of 57,938 units at 13.58% was pushed three ranks down to eighth position.
Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished New Delhi sources have stated that to ensure smooth roll out of Goods and Service Tax, the Central Government has abolished cesses on goods and services included in the last three General Budgets viz 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, and starting from July 1, 2017 with GST in place the government will also abolish cess on automobiles. Through Taxation Laws Amendment Act 2017, The Industries (Development and Regulation) Act 1951 Cess on Automobile will no longer be applicable.
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales
- TVS Motor Company's growth for 2017-18 is up by 10.6%
- Escenda Engineering gets 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe under the new ownership
- Around 80% Indians buys fake helmets as they go for cheaper ones
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with AEB system that detects pedestrians
- AIIMS diesel ambulances will be fitted with GPS: Bench
- Can you identify these cars with their logos?
- Luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh
- Second shift operations at Suzuki's Gujarat plant to provide extra units to Maruti Suzuki India
- Honda Company targeting some Huge exports
- Will this Union Budget 2018 beneficiary for luxury car makers?
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?