Mumbai sources have stated that Tata Motors, which is India's largest truck maker announced on Monday the departure of Ravindra Pisharody, the executive director-in-charge of the flagging commercial vehicle business, even as it promoted Satish Borwankar, a veteran in the company as its chief operating officer.
Pisharody cited “personal reasons,” for his resignation. The company informed and further clarified that Borwankar’s elevation and Pisharody’s resignation were separate developments and not linked to each other.
Sources have added that after having served for almost a decade at Tata
Motors, Pisharody was elevated as executive director in 2012 and was the member
of executive committee, contributing to important decisions on the future of
the company. Of late, however, Pisharody had a tough task of dealing with
rising competition, deep discounting in the truck space, a volatile market
environment and Supreme Court ruling.
Meanwhile Tata Motors ended Financial Year 2017 with a record low market share of 43% with medium and heavy truck market share dropping to almost 50%, Pisharody had to face the challenging task of liquidating BS III inventory by 31st March, post the Supreme Court ruling. Tata Motors was saddled with inventories worth Rs 1500-Rs 2000 crore, which the company said it would divert it to exports market or convert it to BS IV.
Mahindra, Ford extends tie up for making electric vehicles New York sources have reported that Chairman Anand Mahindra said Ford Motor and its Indian partner Mahindra & Mahindra could create their own electric car line in the country to help battle pollution from the vehicles clogging India’s roads, Mahindra & Mahindra, which already sells the e2o micro electric car, would be open to creating a new electric vehicle line in India with Ford, Mahindra said following the opening of a factory in Auburn Hills, Michigan, to produce an off-road vehicle for the
- TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!
- Electric Vehicles Industry are happy with the decision made by Karnataka High Court
- Ford Ecosports booked within few minutes on Amazon
- Hyundai Expand Sits Network in Pune
- GST not imposed for second hand car sold by an individual
- Buzz in transport Industry advanced from Electronic vehicles to Autonomous
- Will Road tax be increased for automobile industry?
- India Honda Cars to export 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- Volkswagen Polo is worth taking a look at its history
- Tax rate on hybrid cars will not be reviewed: Arun Jaitley
- Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished: GST effect