New Delhi sources have stated that the country's Finance Minister Arun Jaitley hinted that the tax rate on hybrid card will not be reviewed, saying the industry demands were not in sync with a study conducted by tax officers.
Previously the council had fixed 43% tax (28% GST plus 15% cess) on hybrid cars, a rate that industry felt was too high for the fuel efficient vehicles. Jaitley told reporters that "We have done a detailed study on auto industry demand and a paper has been made which will be circulated among members. And, if necessary, it would come up for discussion. The fact that is being presented, according to the paper, is not correct".
The GST Council, chaired by the Union Finance Minister and having state
counterparts as members, today lowered tax rates on 66 of the 133 items
demanded by various sections of the industry and the council in its previous
two meetings had put almost all goods and services in the tax brackets of 5,
12, 18 and 28% as it prepares to roll out the Goods and Services Tax (GST) from
Moreover Jaitley said the weighted average of all the rates decided by the council is significantly lower than the present tax incidence. As per the proposed rates under the GST regime, hybrid vehicles have been put in the same category as big petrol and diesel luxury cars attracting 28% rate with a cess of 15%.
Gujarat tops in Electric Vehicles Sales New Delhi sources have stated that Gujarat, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra have emerged as the top 5 states in electric vehicle (EV) sales. The Society of Manufacturers of Electric Vehicles (SMEV) said on Thursday that an SMEV survey of EVs sold during the last fiscal showed that 1,926 of these were sold
- Mahindra, Ford extends tie up for making electric vehicles
- TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!
- Electric Vehicles Industry are happy with the decision made by Karnataka High Court
- Ford Ecosports booked within few minutes on Amazon
- Hyundai Expand Sits Network in Pune
- GST not imposed for second hand car sold by an individual
- Buzz in transport Industry advanced from Electronic vehicles to Autonomous
- Will Road tax be increased for automobile industry?
- India Honda Cars to export 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- Volkswagen Polo is worth taking a look at its history
- Tax rate on hybrid cars will not be reviewed: Arun Jaitley