New Delhi sources have reported that Volkswagen Polo been one the most successful models for the company globally ever since it was first introduced in 1975. We have seen five different generations of the hatchback living up to the expectations of its respective predecessor and the new sixth generation of Volkswagen Polo will make its global debut on 16th June 2017.
As per the saying "Small on the outside, Big on the inside," the Polo offers Volkswagen customers a subcompact that has proved to be big on space, better on power with each passing generation and the company tapped the right markets at the right time ensuring its global fame.
According to sources, when the first generation drove into the limelight
in 1975, the compression of the Volkswagen idea to an exterior length of only
351 centimeters was unique. But the Polo has not merely proven itself since
then; rather, it has continued to mature, and, after five vehicle generations,
can count on a base of loyal fans.
Volkswagen Polo has been selling for about 42 years now having sold over 16 million units. Before the sixth generation, based on the modular transverse matrix or MQB platform, is launched into the market.
Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished New Delhi sources have stated that to ensure smooth roll out of Goods and Service Tax, the Central Government has abolished cesses on goods and services included in the last three General Budgets viz 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, and starting from July 1, 2017 with GST in place the government will also abolish cess on automobiles. Through Taxation Laws Amendment Act 2017, The Industries (Development and Regulation) Act 1951 Cess on Automobile will no longer be applicable.
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales
- TVS Motor Company's growth for 2017-18 is up by 10.6%
- Escenda Engineering gets 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe under the new ownership
- Around 80% Indians buys fake helmets as they go for cheaper ones
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with AEB system that detects pedestrians
- AIIMS diesel ambulances will be fitted with GPS: Bench
- Can you identify these cars with their logos?
- Luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh
- Second shift operations at Suzuki's Gujarat plant to provide extra units to Maruti Suzuki India
- Honda Company targeting some Huge exports
- Will this Union Budget 2018 beneficiary for luxury car makers?
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?