New Delhi sources have stated that the Indian arm of Japanese car maker, Honda Cars India will for the first time commence exports of the fully assembled 1.6L diesel engine from its Tapukara plant in Rajasthan. Exports start from July this year.
It was stated that another first to the car makers credit will be making the complete 1.6L diesel engine in India as currently it does not have any product that is powered by this specific diesel motor in the local market. This news was confirmed to the sources close to the development.
Meanwhile the first market the diesel engine will be headed for will be Thailand where Honda has a large manufacturing set up for designing, developing and manufacturing vehicle platforms. Thailand is also a large automotive market and hence the need for the higher displacement diesel motor, in an India like market.
Moreover it was added that from Thailand the 1.6L diesel will be exported to other Honda factories in different geographies like Philippines for use in the carmakers global models.
Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished New Delhi sources have stated that to ensure smooth roll out of Goods and Service Tax, the Central Government has abolished cesses on goods and services included in the last three General Budgets viz 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18, and starting from July 1, 2017 with GST in place the government will also abolish cess on automobiles. Through Taxation Laws Amendment Act 2017, The Industries (Development and Regulation) Act 1951 Cess on Automobile will no longer be applicable.
- Road tax increased for automobile industry
- EESL soon floats another global tender for 10,000 electric vehicles
- American car maker GM winds up its domestic sales
- TVS Motor Company's growth for 2017-18 is up by 10.6%
- Escenda Engineering gets 100% subsidiary of Tata Technologies Europe under the new ownership
- Around 80% Indians buys fake helmets as they go for cheaper ones
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with AEB system that detects pedestrians
- AIIMS diesel ambulances will be fitted with GPS: Bench
- Can you identify these cars with their logos?
- Luxury cars will get dearer by Rs 1.25-5 lakh
- Second shift operations at Suzuki's Gujarat plant to provide extra units to Maruti Suzuki India
- Honda Company targeting some Huge exports
- Will this Union Budget 2018 beneficiary for luxury car makers?
- Maruti is confident in adding more volumes in next 12 to 18 months
- Auto scrapping plants save India forex?