New Delhi sources have stated that the cheer that goods and service tax has brought to the automotive market has diminished, with concerns mounting over the risk of states raising road tax to offset revenue loss and was added that Maharashtra has already decided to increase the levy on vehicles by 2% to compensate for the absence of octroi, a state tax which has now been merged with GST.
Currently the automakers have cut prices from July 1 to pass on lower tax incidence under GST to buyers. They expected this to drive wholesale numbers in a traditionally lean July, with inventory at dealerships also running low and the increase in road tax, which is outside GST and set by states, now stands to dampen the prospects.
Sugato Sen deputy director general at industry body society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers that “industry executives had feared as much, and had demanded the central government to subsume road tax in the overarching GST framework. “In the past too, every time the central government lowered excise duty, state governments increased road tax negating the benefit. That is why we had urged the government to subsume road tax in GST”.
TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South According to sources the TVS Motor Company, India’s fourth-largest two wheeler maker, is banking on rural buying in south India to sustain its double-digit growth momentum and plans to invest Rs 600 crore to expand its product range and distribution network. The demand for the brand remains strong, the company said, with retail volumes growing over 20% during Dussehra and Diwali and the momentum are expected to continue.
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!
- Electric Vehicles Industry are happy with the decision made by Karnataka High Court
- Ford Ecosports booked within few minutes on Amazon
- Hyundai Expand Sits Network in Pune
- GST not imposed for second hand car sold by an individual
- Buzz in transport Industry advanced from Electronic vehicles to Autonomous
- Will Road tax be increased for automobile industry?
- India Honda Cars to export 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- Volkswagen Polo is worth taking a look at its history
- Tax rate on hybrid cars will not be reviewed: Arun Jaitley
- Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished: GST effect
- Tata Motors Executive Director resigns his job