Gateway Distriparks Limited today announced that the fifth rail linked container terminal of its subsidiary, Gateway Rail Freight Limited at Viramgam near Ahmedabad has been notified by Western Railway for handling container traffic. The terminal will be a double stack switching hub for the company on the North - West trade route.
Gateway Rail has invested over Rs. 100 crores on infrastructure with an ICD facility at this terminal over 35 acres of land. The Inter Ministerial Committee (IMC) of Government of India has already cleared the Inland Container Depot at this terminal.
Sachin Bhanushali, Director & CEO of Gateway Rail
Sachin Bhanushali, Director & CEO of Gateway Rail, said “This Terminal will cater to the needs of the Gujarat region, specifically addressing the EXIM business of Ahmedabad, Sanand, Mehsana and Behchraji industrial area offering multimodal logistics services such as rail transportation, first and last mile road transportation, warehousing and clearance of international containerised cargo.”
Samvid Gupta, Joint Managing Director of Gateway Rail, further added that “Viramgam Terminal will play an important role in reducing cost of operations by addressing the trade imbalance between imports and exports by utilising double stack and hub and spoke between its flagship terminal at Garhi Harsaru and the sea ports on the West Coast.”
Gateway Rail currently operates three ICDs located in Gurgaon, Faridabad and Ludhiana. It also operates a Domestic Container Terminal (DCT) at Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
Tata Capital Investment Banking Advises on Acquisition of Spectro Analytical Labs by Eurofins Scientific Tata Capital Investment Banking Advises on Acquisition of Spectro Analytical Labs by Eurofins Scientific Tata Capital’s Investment Banking division has successfully advised on the acquisition of Spectro Analytical Labs (“Spectro”), a leading environment and analytical product testing and inspection company in India, by Eurofins Scientific (“Eurofins”), one of the global leaders in bioanalytical testing.
- UAE Exchange India Awarded for Business Excellence Award More than Once
- GoAir expands operations with 30 additional flights
- OnMobile's Consumer Brand ONMO Sweeps Transform Awards in New York with 5 Wins
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola in its Campaign against Pollution and Congestion in Delhi-NCR
- Prudent Launches Online Empanelment Process for IFAs
- Morepen Labs Reports 24 Per cent Jump in its Q2 Net Profit Backed by Lower Interest Cost
- Omkar Realtors Resorts to Novel EOI Sales Strategy through a Record 3,000 Channel
- ITC Limited - Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India
- Home Credit India Completes Second Two-wheeler Loan Securitisation, Raises INR 453 Million
- Franchise India Collaborates with Chicken Xpress and Snap Fitness
- OYO Continues to Gain High Market Share Despite its Hotel-only Focus Against Traditional Players: Kalagato Report
- Clarivate Analytics has Announced the India Research Excellence - Citation Awards 2017
- Hero MotoCorp Strikes a Goal with Hero World Bike Contest During FIFA U17 World Cup India 2017
- Total Launches New Integrated Campaign for Quartz Engine Oil
- NIIT Announces Strategic Initiative to Drive Cultures of Service Excellence across Organizations Worldwide