Gateway Distriparks Limited today announced that the fifth rail linked container terminal of its subsidiary, Gateway Rail Freight Limited at Viramgam near Ahmedabad has been notified by Western Railway for handling container traffic. The terminal will be a double stack switching hub for the company on the North - West trade route.
Gateway Rail has invested over Rs. 100 crores on infrastructure with an ICD facility at this terminal over 35 acres of land. The Inter Ministerial Committee (IMC) of Government of India has already cleared the Inland Container Depot at this terminal.
Sachin Bhanushali, Director & CEO of Gateway Rail
Sachin Bhanushali, Director & CEO of Gateway Rail, said “This Terminal will cater to the needs of the Gujarat region, specifically addressing the EXIM business of Ahmedabad, Sanand, Mehsana and Behchraji industrial area offering multimodal logistics services such as rail transportation, first and last mile road transportation, warehousing and clearance of international containerised cargo.”
Samvid Gupta, Joint Managing Director of Gateway Rail, further added that “Viramgam Terminal will play an important role in reducing cost of operations by addressing the trade imbalance between imports and exports by utilising double stack and hub and spoke between its flagship terminal at Garhi Harsaru and the sea ports on the West Coast.”
Gateway Rail currently operates three ICDs located in Gurgaon, Faridabad and Ludhiana. It also operates a Domestic Container Terminal (DCT) at Kalamboli in Navi Mumbai.
Courtesy by www.newsvoir.com
PriceMap Bridges Digital Divide in Retail Sector, Infuses New Life into Brick and Mortar Retail Brick & Mortar retail is one of the biggest contributors to India's GDP as it comprises nearly 92% of total retail trade in the country which is worth $660 billion. However, this sector is under constant threat because consumers are preferring online shopping due to the convenience offered by e-commerce websites.
- IDAP Global Introduces the First Complete Derivatives Ecosystem for Crypto Assets
- Ozone Eyes Rs. 1000 Cr Turnover by 2021, Plans to Diversify into Fast Growing Security, Surveillance and IoT
- More than Half of Indians Living Blended 'Hybrid Lives' - "Live Life" Survey by American Express
- Apaar Packaging Opens up New Facility in Gujarat
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Abhay V. Udeshi Appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May