With an endeavor to raise awareness and sensitize the denizens towards environmental protection, GVK MIAL, the company that administers Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA), will organize daylong awareness program at its integrated terminal on June 5, to commemorate the World Environment Day.
Drawing inspiration from this year’s theme of ‘Connecting people to Nature’, MIAL has planned a host of activities that will apprise travelers and citizens on the importance of preserving and conserving the environment. With an aim to highlight the community’s intimate dependency on nature, the event will comprise of gripping and inspirational skits and workshops that will emphasize on the need to value and appreciate this vital relationship. In addition to this, the airport will also organize puppet shows for travelers within its premises, a first-of-its-kind initiative by an airport to communicate the urgency of safeguarding our ecosystem.
An attempt to acquaint participants about the rich flora, the program will host workshops on Bonsai and miniature gardening that will introduce the magnificence of these miniature plant estates to the audience. Additionally, the program will entail an aquatic plant set up and botanical garden cart, followed by sapling distribution to MIAL employees and passengers transiting through the airport. To promote sustainable consumption, the program will also engage with travelers by conducting Gudari workshop, a form of recycled craft.
The company’s effort towards minimizing stress on the environment has resulted in remarkable reduction of carbon emissions. As part of its green initiatives, the airport saved 2.16 million units of electricity by adopting energy efficient measures at the facility. Increasing the use of renewable energy, MIAL has successfully set up 2.56 MW of solar power installations. While promoting the use of clean and green fuel, the airport has also implemented strategic infrastructure improvements that help in reducing taxiing time, thus saving on aviation fuel. Additionally, the airport facilitated stakeholder engagement to reduce scope 3 emission and is also a proud recipient of Green Building Certification – LEED Gold certification for T2 new construction and IGBC Platinum rating for operation of Terminal 2 in Existing Building (O&M) Rating System.
Since its inception, GVK MIAL has been committed towards ensuring optimal use of limited resources and assiduously follows its philosophy of sustainable living. As a result of its efforts towards spreading the message of positive environmental protection, the airport was recently awarded Level 3+ Carbon Neutrality certification by Airports Council International (ACI), the highest level of environmental achievement available to airports for their contribution in the areas of GHG management.
MIAL’s Journey towards Carbon Neutrality
In the midst of the hustling transport hub, the Mumbai airport also hosts the GVK Botanical Garden in order to encourage the engagement of the community with the environment. Spread across an area of 90000 sq.m around the airport, the garden has around 77,000 plants and more than 100 species.
World Environment Day is the biggest annual event for positive environmental action and takes place every year on June 5.
About GVK MIAL
GVK Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd. (MIAL) is a Public Private Partnership joint venture between a GVK-led consortium and the Airports Authority of India (AAI). GVK MIAL was awarded the mandate for operating and modernizing Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai (CSIA). Through this transformational initiative, GVK MIAL aims to make CSIA one of the world’s best airports, which consistently delights customers besides being the pride of Mumbai. The new integrated Terminal 2 at CSIA enhances the airport’s capacity to service over 45 million passengers and one million tons of cargo annually.
HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Corporation ("HTC"), a pioneer in innovative, smart technologies, has today announced Vive Business Edition ("Vive BE") to capture the huge demand from industries worldwide to employ virtual reality technology in commercial applications. Available from today, Vive BE allows individuals and organizations to order Vive VR systems with additional services adapted for business and commercial environments. Alongside the full Vive VR system, Vive BE come
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India
- Royal Enfield Strengthens its Dealership Network in Maharashtra
- Zaheer and Sagarika Mark their First Valentines Day with Platinum
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru
- Birla Corporation Registers Volume Growth of 22%, EBIDTA up by 8% at Rs. 152.83 Crores
- Clovia gets you a New BFF to Curse, Cuss and Cuddle with During Your Periods
- Gift your Loved Ones a Healthy Heart this Valentines Day with California Walnuts
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas Advised Emami Limited in Acquisition of 26% Stake in Brillare Science Private Limited
- Budget for All: Focus on Agriculture, Rural Economy, Inclusive Health, Infrastructure and MSMEs Encouraging: PHD Chamber
- Education Sector Likely to get more Funding in the Upcoming Budget
- Enterslice Starts Operations in many European and South East Asia Countries
- Louis Philippe from Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd. Enters Nepal
- Vodafone CEO Compliments Indian Government for Marked Improvement in ease of doing Business