With an endeavor to raise awareness and sensitize the denizens towards environmental protection, GVK MIAL, the company that administers Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA), will organize daylong awareness program at its integrated terminal on June 5, to commemorate the World Environment Day.
Drawing inspiration from this year’s theme of ‘Connecting people to Nature’, MIAL has planned a host of activities that will apprise travelers and citizens on the importance of preserving and conserving the environment. With an aim to highlight the community’s intimate dependency on nature, the event will comprise of gripping and inspirational skits and workshops that will emphasize on the need to value and appreciate this vital relationship. In addition to this, the airport will also organize puppet shows for travelers within its premises, a first-of-its-kind initiative by an airport to communicate the urgency of safeguarding our ecosystem.
An attempt to acquaint participants about the rich flora, the program will host workshops on Bonsai and miniature gardening that will introduce the magnificence of these miniature plant estates to the audience. Additionally, the program will entail an aquatic plant set up and botanical garden cart, followed by sapling distribution to MIAL employees and passengers transiting through the airport. To promote sustainable consumption, the program will also engage with travelers by conducting Gudari workshop, a form of recycled craft.
The company’s effort towards minimizing stress on the environment has resulted in remarkable reduction of carbon emissions. As part of its green initiatives, the airport saved 2.16 million units of electricity by adopting energy efficient measures at the facility. Increasing the use of renewable energy, MIAL has successfully set up 2.56 MW of solar power installations. While promoting the use of clean and green fuel, the airport has also implemented strategic infrastructure improvements that help in reducing taxiing time, thus saving on aviation fuel. Additionally, the airport facilitated stakeholder engagement to reduce scope 3 emission and is also a proud recipient of Green Building Certification – LEED Gold certification for T2 new construction and IGBC Platinum rating for operation of Terminal 2 in Existing Building (O&M) Rating System.
Since its inception, GVK MIAL has been committed towards ensuring optimal use of limited resources and assiduously follows its philosophy of sustainable living. As a result of its efforts towards spreading the message of positive environmental protection, the airport was recently awarded Level 3+ Carbon Neutrality certification by Airports Council International (ACI), the highest level of environmental achievement available to airports for their contribution in the areas of GHG management.
MIAL’s Journey towards Carbon Neutrality
In the midst of the hustling transport hub, the Mumbai airport also hosts the GVK Botanical Garden in order to encourage the engagement of the community with the environment. Spread across an area of 90000 sq.m around the airport, the garden has around 77,000 plants and more than 100 species.
World Environment Day is the biggest annual event for positive environmental action and takes place every year on June 5.
About GVK MIAL
GVK Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd. (MIAL) is a Public Private Partnership joint venture between a GVK-led consortium and the Airports Authority of India (AAI). GVK MIAL was awarded the mandate for operating and modernizing Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Mumbai (CSIA). Through this transformational initiative, GVK MIAL aims to make CSIA one of the world’s best airports, which consistently delights customers besides being the pride of Mumbai. The new integrated Terminal 2 at CSIA enhances the airport’s capacity to service over 45 million passengers and one million tons of cargo annually.
Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs Online insurance broker Coverfox.com, has announced the launch of Coverdrive – a mobile app that allows individuals, including insurance agents, to sell insurance via its seller platform. With this app, Coverfox has opened the doors to its proprietary technology to almost 26 Lakh insurance agents and potential micro-entrepreneurs.
- Online Hotel Booking Company, MiStay, Raises Funding from Axilor and Others
- Home Credit India Completes First-Ever Consumer Durables Loan Securitization, Raises INR 1.53 Billion
- Tata Capital Investment Banking Advises on Acquisition of Spectro Analytical Labs by Eurofins Scientific
- UAE Exchange India Awarded for Business Excellence Award More than Once
- GoAir expands operations with 30 additional flights
- OnMobile's Consumer Brand ONMO Sweeps Transform Awards in New York with 5 Wins
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola in its Campaign against Pollution and Congestion in Delhi-NCR
- Prudent Launches Online Empanelment Process for IFAs
- Morepen Labs Reports 24 Per cent Jump in its Q2 Net Profit Backed by Lower Interest Cost
- Omkar Realtors Resorts to Novel EOI Sales Strategy through a Record 3,000 Channel
- ITC Limited - Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India
- Home Credit India Completes Second Two-wheeler Loan Securitisation, Raises INR 453 Million
- Franchise India Collaborates with Chicken Xpress and Snap Fitness
- OYO Continues to Gain High Market Share Despite its Hotel-only Focus Against Traditional Players: Kalagato Report
- Clarivate Analytics has Announced the India Research Excellence - Citation Awards 2017