Dassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, world leader in 3D design software, 3D Digital Mock Up and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) solutions, commenced its first “Manufacturing in the Age of Experience” event in India. Held in Pune, this regional adaptation of the company’s global “Age of Experience” event series provides 100 C-level executives and business leaders from manufacturing sectors in Automotive, Transportation, Aerospace, Defense and Industrial Engineering verticals with a detailed perspective on steps that businesses can take to digitally transform their manufacturing operations.India is on the threshold of major reforms in manufacturing. With a strong impetus on developing industrial corridors, smart cities and manufacturing hubs, there is a significant push to locally manufacture products for consumer and B2B use. In the aerospace and defense sector, global companies are procuring heavily from local tier one and tier two suppliers, while in the automotive sector, domestic manufacturers are expanding their capacity and footprint to new states, and global players are exploring joint ventures and greenfield projects. India as a hub for quality manufacturing activities in product design, R&D and assembling is evolving and has the potential to reach US$ 1 trillion by 2025.Inaugurating the event, Samson Khaou, Managing Director, India, Dassault Systèmes said, "The 'Make in India' initiative is now a global agenda and there is an incredible opportunity for Indian enterprises and SMEs across key verticals to take a giant leap. The first step that Indian manufacturing companies need to take to compete with their global counterparts in an experience economy is to disrupt their traditional manufacturing operations with more agile, flexible, scalable manufacturing processes. In this context, they need to address four areas of the manufacturing equation: Digital Manufacturing, Manufacturing Operations Management, Supply Chain Planning & Operations and Additive Manufacturing."Addressing the media, Guillaume Vendroux, CEO, DELMIA, Dassault Systèmes said, "The world of manufacturing has shifted its focus from mass production to mass customization and quick delivery to an on-demand generation of consumers. Complete synchronization and integration of operations, modularity and predictive analytics have enabled manufacturers to provide consumers with a personalized experience. Additive manufacturing is becoming a game changer. 'Manufacturing in the Age of Experience' offers a unique opportunity to explore how industries can digitally transform with the 3DEXPERIENCE platform.""Manufacturing in the Age of Experience" will also provide a preview of the future of smart manufacturing in the 3DEXPERIENCE Playground, a technology showcase featuring interactive stations. The Future Manufacturing Cockpit provides a perspective on tomorrow’s global enterprises where production complexity is handled with ease by a new holographic 3D view of all levels of the value creation process. The 3DEXPERIENCE Factory is a smart factory solution to design and simulate the behavior of the full production line combining the HTC Vive virtual reality system and Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform. The 3D Lean Experience provides a real shop floor experience developed for operators, team leaders and supervisors. Four Digital Continuity scenarios spanning product engineering to manufacturing and back to product engineering are also showcased.Talking about the technology showcase, Samson Khaou added, “With ‘Manufacturing in the Age of Experience’ we will touch upon how technology is breaking down barriers between virtual and reality through the concepts of solar-powered airplanes, smart homes and offices, 3D simulated human hearts, and self-driven cars. It is inspiring new generations of makers, engineers, scientists, brand evangelists and CEOs to develop the disruptive experiences that are defining our era and creating industries of the future.
About Dassault SystèmesDassault Systèmes, the 3DEXPERIENCE Company, provides business and people with virtual universes to imagine sustainable innovations. Its world-leading solutions transform the way products are designed, produced, and supported. Dassault Systèmes’ collaborative solutions foster social innovation, expanding possibilities for the virtual world to improve the real world. The group brings value to over 220,000 customers of all sizes, in all industries, in more than 140 countries. For more information, visit www.3ds.com.3DEXPERIENCE, the Compass logo and the 3DS logo, CATIA, SOLIDWORKS, ENOVIA, DELMIA, SIMULIA, GEOVIA, EXALEAD, 3D VIA, BIOVIA, NETVIBES and 3DEXCITE are registered trademarks of Dassault Systèmes or its subsidiaries in the US and/or other countries.
Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs Online insurance broker Coverfox.com, has announced the launch of Coverdrive – a mobile app that allows individuals, including insurance agents, to sell insurance via its seller platform. With this app, Coverfox has opened the doors to its proprietary technology to almost 26 Lakh insurance agents and potential micro-entrepreneurs.
- Online Hotel Booking Company, MiStay, Raises Funding from Axilor and Others
- Home Credit India Completes First-Ever Consumer Durables Loan Securitization, Raises INR 1.53 Billion
- Tata Capital Investment Banking Advises on Acquisition of Spectro Analytical Labs by Eurofins Scientific
- UAE Exchange India Awarded for Business Excellence Award More than Once
- GoAir expands operations with 30 additional flights
- OnMobile's Consumer Brand ONMO Sweeps Transform Awards in New York with 5 Wins
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola in its Campaign against Pollution and Congestion in Delhi-NCR
- Prudent Launches Online Empanelment Process for IFAs
- Morepen Labs Reports 24 Per cent Jump in its Q2 Net Profit Backed by Lower Interest Cost
- Omkar Realtors Resorts to Novel EOI Sales Strategy through a Record 3,000 Channel
- ITC Limited - Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India
- Home Credit India Completes Second Two-wheeler Loan Securitisation, Raises INR 453 Million
- Franchise India Collaborates with Chicken Xpress and Snap Fitness
- OYO Continues to Gain High Market Share Despite its Hotel-only Focus Against Traditional Players: Kalagato Report
- Clarivate Analytics has Announced the India Research Excellence - Citation Awards 2017