Jugnoo, India’s leading hyper local startup, offering a diverse range of services like Rides, Ready to Eat Meals, Restaurant Food Delivery, Grocery and B2B Delivery, becomes the first ever company in on-demand space to turn cash flow positive with profitability on an EBITDA basis. The big announcement from Jugnoo comes at a time when most industry players are burning enormous amount of cash for customer acquisition.
The company marks the beginning of new fiscal year by celebrating its first month as a free cash flow positive business. The net revenue recorded for last quarter was INR 11.5 crores which has grown by 15% month-on-month. For the first quarter of the FY17-18, Jugnoo is well on track to clock more than INR 13.5 crores.
The breakthrough for Jugnoo validates its invariable lack of conviction for the cash burn model. Since inception, the company has been focussed on sustainability and unit economics rather than growth that comes by burning money blindly. Being EBITDA positive in less than 3 years of inception largely reflects on the strength of the business model of Jugnoo in hyper-local space.
Commenting about the development and future road map, Samar Singla, Founder and CEO at Jugnoo said, “We have always believed in the significance of developing a scalable but sustainable business model. This achievement means a lot to us as it reaffirms our faith. We have witnessed 250% growth over the past one year and are on track to achieve net revenue of Rs 70 crores in current FY.”
All the verticals of Jugnoo complement each other, facilitating better economies of scale. Despite having a wide presence across 35 cities in India, the company has evolved a unique operating structure that gives the benefit of centralized control with decentralized execution.
Identifying opportunities in Tier II and Tier III market, the company has emphasized primarily on these cities rather than metropolis. According to Samar, operating in Tier II and Tier III cities has its own advantages like higher brand loyalty of customers due to limited options and growing adoption of tech platforms for their daily purchases.
With an army of 15,000 auto drivers, Jugnoo handles a 50,000 transactions per day for around 5 million users. The company has also diversified into global markets with its B2B ventures, providing cost effective B2B logistics solutions to over 17,000 clients in 150 countries across the world. This has been a significant initiative leading to better avenues of growth and generating more revenue for the company.
Samar attributes ‘Execution-capability’ as one of the key differentiating factors compared to others in the space. Going forward, the company intends to further substantiate it’s profitable growth by having it’s own private label brands that enhances its loyalty quotient with it’s customers.
Jugnoo has raised USD 16 million in two rounds of funding over the past two years. But turning cash flow positive means that the company will now be funded by its customers rather than investors. While the industry is saturated with competition, this is certainly a huge milestone for Jugnoo.
Launched in November 2014, Jugnoo has ventured into the industry as one of the leading hyper-local startups. Headquartered in Chandigarh, the company is currently rendering its services in 40 cities of India and trending at 50,000 daily transactions. It has over 15,000 autos empanelled under the brand at present.
The company offers a wide range of services like Rides, Fatafat, Meals, Menus and Jugnoo Delivery across different verticals of hyper-local logistics in B2B and B2C domains.
Cinépolis Celebrates National Popcorn Day Cinépolis Celebrates National Popcorn Day Cinépolis, India’s 1st international and the world’s 2nd largest movie theatre circuit, celebrated National Popcorn Day with its patrons across Delhi and Mumbai, with a Popcorn Party hosted at Grand Venice Mall, Greater Noida and Viviana Mall, Thane on January 19.Creative and peppy to the core, Cinépolis has been celebrating National Popcorn Day since 2016. This year, Cinépolis unveiled #cinepolispopcornday by going beyond classic concessions and st
- Arvind Bajaj Money Rain Financial Services Help Investors Build Rich Stock Portfolio
- PayTren to Implement Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow Platform
- Weizmann Forex Ltd. Partners with Wirecard to Offer International Money Remittance Services
- Turkey Cold Chain Market Led by Emergence of E-Commerce, Food Delivery and Growing Trend
- OPPLE Lighting Celebrates Success with its Channel Partners
- Snapdeal Announces Curated Lohri-Sankranti Store
- Pidilite Industries Announces Acquisition of Majority Stake in CIPY Polyurethanes Pvt. Ltd.
- Videocon Hi5 Ties up with Flipkart as its Exclusive Online Partner for Sale of its Smartphone Accessories
- Chola MS General Insurance Honoured with Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management 2017
- Year end Quote on Behalf of Tata Steel
- UAE Exchange India Celebrates Christmas at St. Teresa's School
- Coffee Day Square Introduces the Finest Culinary Experience in Town
- PerkinElmer Exploring Opportunities to Invest India
- Lung Care Foundation and Petronet LNG Awarded with Guinness World Record of Creating the 'Largest Human Image of an Organ (Lung)'
- Snapdeal Happy New Year Sale Kicks off this Weekend