Jaguar I-PACE Concept takes overall prize at 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards
I-PACE Concept achieves highest overall score to win Most Significant Concept Vehicle
Ground-breaking concept also awarded Production Preview Concept of the Year
Previewing Jaguar’s first all-electric vehicle, I-PACE will be on the road in 2018
The Jaguar I-PACE Concept has been named Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2017 at the 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards. As well as achieving the highest overall score to take away the top honour, Jaguar’s all-electric performance SUV also won the Production Preview Concept of the Year category.
The awards, held at the Concours d’Elegance of America, recognise those vehicles most likely to shape the future of the automobile industry. More than two dozen jurors participated in a selection process that involved a total of 24 vehicles, each introduced to North America during this season's auto shows in Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto and New York.
Praised for its beautiful and futuristic design, the I-PACE Concept was described by judge Ashly Knapp as a ‘landmark in automotive technology’. Juror Lauren Fix said: “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction.”
One of the most visually arresting concepts ever produced by Jaguar, the all-electric performance SUV takes full advantage of the packaging freedom offered by electrification. It previews Jaguar’s first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be on the road in the second half of 2018.
|Ian Callum with I-PACE Concep|
Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design, said: “Our challenge was to design an electric vehicle that’s distinctively and unmistakably a Jaguar – and one which demonstrates that an electric vehicle can be visually dramatic as well as practical. I think that the Jaguar I-PACE Concept has done exactly that, and is clearly at the forefront of the trend for more beautiful, more desirable electric vehicles. We’re very proud of it, and we’re delighted that the North American jurors have recognised us for succeeding in our mission by awarding the I-PACE Concept the 2017 Concept Car of the Year.”
Notes to Editors
Michael Bettencourt – “Beautiful and futuristic, from the body to the powertrain, the I-PACE Concept is a slam dunk winner here.”
Gary Vasilash – “Can an electric crossover be sexy? So far the answer to that has been a resounding "meh". The I-PACE Concept is drop-dead gorgeous. Period.”
Lauren Fix – “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways, and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction for the brand.”
Ashly Knapp – “The least polluting, cleanest operating, quietest, lowest maintenance and operating costs SUV ever built may also be the most beautiful SUV ever. Soon we will barely hear the near 400 hp all-electric all-wheel-drive all-battery powered I-PACE roll onto our streets. With over 500 foot-pounds of torque and about a 300 mile range you’re ready to adventure in luxury. The front and rear motors are synchronized by computer through wires. Jaguar designers and engineers have a unique history of synchronizing most components to work in harmony with educated instinctive pilots. This leadership vehicle is a landmark in automotive technology.”
Jim Scoutten – “Yes, Jaguar needs a luxury-performance ute. The I-PACE Concept will do very nicely.”
Jaguar’s heritage of elegant design and breathtaking performance has excited and delighted the world for more than 80 years. Today’s world-class Jaguar family embodies the Art of Performance and will grow again in 2018 with the all-electric I-PACE performance SUV, joining the remarkable, much admired and award-winning XE, XF and XJ saloons, the dramatic F-TYPE sports car, the F-PACE performance crossover – the fastest-selling Jaguar ever – and the all-new E-PACE compact performance SUV.
PriceMap Bridges Digital Divide in Retail Sector, Infuses New Life into Brick and Mortar Retail Brick & Mortar retail is one of the biggest contributors to India's GDP as it comprises nearly 92% of total retail trade in the country which is worth $660 billion. However, this sector is under constant threat because consumers are preferring online shopping due to the convenience offered by e-commerce websites.
- IDAP Global Introduces the First Complete Derivatives Ecosystem for Crypto Assets
- Ozone Eyes Rs. 1000 Cr Turnover by 2021, Plans to Diversify into Fast Growing Security, Surveillance and IoT
- More than Half of Indians Living Blended 'Hybrid Lives' - "Live Life" Survey by American Express
- Apaar Packaging Opens up New Facility in Gujarat
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Abhay V. Udeshi Appointed as International Castor Oil Association President
- PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May