Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company, through Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC (AGL), its joint venture with Norway's Clean Energy Invest AS Norway (Clean Energy) and IFC InfraVentures (IFC), a member of the World Bank group, today, announced the synchronization of its 186 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Power Project (HPP) in record time. Further, Tata Power has commenced stabilization procedures to ensure smooth operations. The construction of the plant started in the fall of 2013 and has been synchronized on the 1stand 2nd of August 2017, in a record time of less than four years.
Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company
Shuakhevi HPP is the largest hydropower plant to be built in Georgia over the past 50 years, and its project investment cost exceeded USD 420 million. The completion ceremony was presided by the Prime Minister of Georgia, Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and the Vice Prime Minister and Energy Minister, Kakha Kaladze.
Around 730 Georgian citizens were employed in the plant construction. The project will significantly contribute to Georgia’s path toward energy independence. The power generated by the project will be exclusively sold within Georgia throughout the winter, which is a period of energy deficit.
Commenting about this development, Anil Sardana, CEO and Managing Director, Tata Power, said, “We are delighted to announce the synchronization of our Shuakhevi hydro project in a record time. We continue to strengthen our international presence and look for viable business opportunities across the select international geographies. We are grateful to our strategic partners, Clean Energy and IFC InfraVentures, for helping us complete and synchronize this project within the prescribed timeline. We are also happy to announce that we have commenced stabilization procedures that will ensure uninterrupted power supply.”
Prashant Joshi, CEO of AGL, added, “The Shuakhevi Hydropower Project will contribute significantly to energy independence of Georgia. We take this opportunity to thank the honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Energy of Georgia, Mr. Kaladze, and all members of Government of Georgia for their support in harnessing Georgia's huge hydropower potential.”
As a part of this project, one weir and two dams, with their respective reservoirs and connecting tunnels, have been constructed to divert water for power generation. The water conductor system consists of three tunnels with cumulative length of 33.48km and 3.75km of construction adits. Shuakhevi HPP is the first hydropower project in Georgia to have been certified by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change to reduce carbon emissions. It will generate about 470GWh of clean energy while lowering greenhouse gases emissions by more than 2,00,000 tonnes per year.
Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs Online insurance broker Coverfox.com, has announced the launch of Coverdrive – a mobile app that allows individuals, including insurance agents, to sell insurance via its seller platform. With this app, Coverfox has opened the doors to its proprietary technology to almost 26 Lakh insurance agents and potential micro-entrepreneurs.
- Online Hotel Booking Company, MiStay, Raises Funding from Axilor and Others
- Home Credit India Completes First-Ever Consumer Durables Loan Securitization, Raises INR 1.53 Billion
- Tata Capital Investment Banking Advises on Acquisition of Spectro Analytical Labs by Eurofins Scientific
- UAE Exchange India Awarded for Business Excellence Award More than Once
- GoAir expands operations with 30 additional flights
- OnMobile's Consumer Brand ONMO Sweeps Transform Awards in New York with 5 Wins
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola in its Campaign against Pollution and Congestion in Delhi-NCR
- Prudent Launches Online Empanelment Process for IFAs
- Morepen Labs Reports 24 Per cent Jump in its Q2 Net Profit Backed by Lower Interest Cost
- Omkar Realtors Resorts to Novel EOI Sales Strategy through a Record 3,000 Channel
- ITC Limited - Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India
- Home Credit India Completes Second Two-wheeler Loan Securitisation, Raises INR 453 Million
- Franchise India Collaborates with Chicken Xpress and Snap Fitness
- OYO Continues to Gain High Market Share Despite its Hotel-only Focus Against Traditional Players: Kalagato Report
- Clarivate Analytics has Announced the India Research Excellence - Citation Awards 2017