Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company, through Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC (AGL), its joint venture with Norway's Clean Energy Invest AS Norway (Clean Energy) and IFC InfraVentures (IFC), a member of the World Bank group, today, announced the synchronization of its 186 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Power Project (HPP) in record time. Further, Tata Power has commenced stabilization procedures to ensure smooth operations. The construction of the plant started in the fall of 2013 and has been synchronized on the 1stand 2nd of August 2017, in a record time of less than four years.
Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company
Shuakhevi HPP is the largest hydropower plant to be built in Georgia over the past 50 years, and its project investment cost exceeded USD 420 million. The completion ceremony was presided by the Prime Minister of Georgia, Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and the Vice Prime Minister and Energy Minister, Kakha Kaladze.
Around 730 Georgian citizens were employed in the plant construction. The project will significantly contribute to Georgia’s path toward energy independence. The power generated by the project will be exclusively sold within Georgia throughout the winter, which is a period of energy deficit.
Commenting about this development, Anil Sardana, CEO and Managing Director, Tata Power, said, “We are delighted to announce the synchronization of our Shuakhevi hydro project in a record time. We continue to strengthen our international presence and look for viable business opportunities across the select international geographies. We are grateful to our strategic partners, Clean Energy and IFC InfraVentures, for helping us complete and synchronize this project within the prescribed timeline. We are also happy to announce that we have commenced stabilization procedures that will ensure uninterrupted power supply.”
Prashant Joshi, CEO of AGL, added, “The Shuakhevi Hydropower Project will contribute significantly to energy independence of Georgia. We take this opportunity to thank the honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Energy of Georgia, Mr. Kaladze, and all members of Government of Georgia for their support in harnessing Georgia's huge hydropower potential.”
As a part of this project, one weir and two dams, with their respective reservoirs and connecting tunnels, have been constructed to divert water for power generation. The water conductor system consists of three tunnels with cumulative length of 33.48km and 3.75km of construction adits. Shuakhevi HPP is the first hydropower project in Georgia to have been certified by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change to reduce carbon emissions. It will generate about 470GWh of clean energy while lowering greenhouse gases emissions by more than 2,00,000 tonnes per year.
PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India Nepal PHDCCI Delegation Visits Nepal to Activate India-Nepal To deepen the footprint of PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI), a delegation visited Nepal on June 12-14. The PHDCCI delegation was lead by Anil Khaitan, President – and among the other delegates were, Saurabh Sanyal, Secretary General; Ambassador K.V. Rajan, Convener - PHDCCI Ambassadors' Economic Forum & India-Nepal Centre.
- MAKE IN INDIA TRANSFORMS MANY ENTHUSIASTIC BUSINESSMEN
- Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May
- Samridhi Sambhav 2018 HPM India
- Birla Corporation Q4 Consolidated EBIDTA at Rs. 284 Crores
- Smart Cities India 2018 Expo Opens Tomorrow; Vice President Extends his Greetings
- Morepen Labs Reports Growth-filled Fourth Quarter to Close FY 2017-18 with a 25 Per cent Rise in its Net Profit
- YourNest Venture Capital Launches Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
- 2-Day RBSM - India 2018 Beginning from 15th May in Mumbai