The latest real-estate research report by Magicbricks titled PropIndex for April-June 2017 quarter reveals a positive outlook for the realty market in India in the coming months. According to the report, real estate sector in India may see a strong turnaround in 2017 as 55% of the 750 localities across 14 major cities witnessed an average price increment of 2.8% in April-June 2017 quarter. At city level, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore had a perceptible increment in weighted average price.
City Index April to June 2017
Hyderabad realty market moved up by 2%, while Bengaluru and Chennai by 1% each. The localities that witnessed an incremental price hike in the April-June quarter account for 52% of property searches and 54% of properties listed on Magicbricks, hence indicating a trend that important localities from both demand and supply perspective across India witnessed a price increase.
Sudhir Pai, CEO, Magicbricks, said, “Our latest Magicbricks PropIndex for April-June 2017 reveals that the quarter has remained positive as 55% of the 750+ localities that we cover, witnessed an average price increase of 2.8%. This is in contrast to our previous Magicbricks PropIndex for Jan-Mar 2017 that had stated that the overall realty market scenario remained weak. The Apr-Jun PropIndex also suggests that user driven markets, which did not see significant price increments during the boom period and also had lesser issues due to project delays, are doing relatively well. Among the 14 Indian cities, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru have emerged as the performing markets.”
Magicbricks PropIndex also revealed encouraging signs of price increment in affordable and lower-mid segments that comprise 65% of the 750 localities. While 55% localities in affordable segment had price increment, it was 56% in the lower-mid segment. Of the 14 cities covered, nine cities on average had price increment across 60% localities in lower-mid segment. Marginal price movement in both these categories mark the return of consumer interest and transaction activity and also augurs well for the industry.
Magicbricks PropIndex also stated that price level in other cities were practically stagnant or witnessed minor variation. In North, Greater Noida had the highest quarterly price decline followed by Ghaziabad, Noida, Delhi and Gurgaon. Pune and Thane in western India had marginal price decline while other cities like Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Ahmedabad either had marginal price increment or were stagnant.
In terms of budget segments, 63% premium localities across most cities had price decline. This was more prevalent in the north Indian cities of Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, where more than 75% premium localities, had price decline. Premium segment in Pune as well witnessed price decline across more almost 67% localities.
PropIndex also stated positive price movement in the Under-Construction (UC) property segment. Price of UC properties across 61% localities was either stable or saw a marginal increment. In comparison, price of Ready-to-move (RM) properties declined in 47% localities and was stable in only 2% localities.
HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Launches Vive Business Edition in India HTC Corporation ("HTC"), a pioneer in innovative, smart technologies, has today announced Vive Business Edition ("Vive BE") to capture the huge demand from industries worldwide to employ virtual reality technology in commercial applications. Available from today, Vive BE allows individuals and organizations to order Vive VR systems with additional services adapted for business and commercial environments. Alongside the full Vive VR system, Vive BE come
- Kor Energy Bags ET Nows Green Future Leadership Award for Best Rooftop Solar EPC Company
- Indias KALI Coin ICO with its First International Exchange - CoinRecoil Looks to Transform the Trading in Cryptocurrencies
- Dyson: UKs Leading Technology Company Launches its Latest Product Line-up in India
- Royal Enfield Strengthens its Dealership Network in Maharashtra
- Zaheer and Sagarika Mark their First Valentines Day with Platinum
- 12th International Conference on Corporate Social Responsibility by Institute Of Directors (India) held in Bengaluru
- Birla Corporation Registers Volume Growth of 22%, EBIDTA up by 8% at Rs. 152.83 Crores
- Clovia gets you a New BFF to Curse, Cuss and Cuddle with During Your Periods
- Gift your Loved Ones a Healthy Heart this Valentines Day with California Walnuts
- Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas Advised Emami Limited in Acquisition of 26% Stake in Brillare Science Private Limited
- Budget for All: Focus on Agriculture, Rural Economy, Inclusive Health, Infrastructure and MSMEs Encouraging: PHD Chamber
- Education Sector Likely to get more Funding in the Upcoming Budget
- Enterslice Starts Operations in many European and South East Asia Countries
- Louis Philippe from Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Ltd. Enters Nepal
- Vodafone CEO Compliments Indian Government for Marked Improvement in ease of doing Business