The latest real-estate research report by Magicbricks titled PropIndex for April-June 2017 quarter reveals a positive outlook for the realty market in India in the coming months. According to the report, real estate sector in India may see a strong turnaround in 2017 as 55% of the 750 localities across 14 major cities witnessed an average price increment of 2.8% in April-June 2017 quarter. At city level, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore had a perceptible increment in weighted average price.
City Index April to June 2017
Hyderabad realty market moved up by 2%, while Bengaluru and Chennai by 1% each. The localities that witnessed an incremental price hike in the April-June quarter account for 52% of property searches and 54% of properties listed on Magicbricks, hence indicating a trend that important localities from both demand and supply perspective across India witnessed a price increase.
Sudhir Pai, CEO, Magicbricks, said, “Our latest Magicbricks PropIndex for April-June 2017 reveals that the quarter has remained positive as 55% of the 750+ localities that we cover, witnessed an average price increase of 2.8%. This is in contrast to our previous Magicbricks PropIndex for Jan-Mar 2017 that had stated that the overall realty market scenario remained weak. The Apr-Jun PropIndex also suggests that user driven markets, which did not see significant price increments during the boom period and also had lesser issues due to project delays, are doing relatively well. Among the 14 Indian cities, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru have emerged as the performing markets.”
Magicbricks PropIndex also revealed encouraging signs of price increment in affordable and lower-mid segments that comprise 65% of the 750 localities. While 55% localities in affordable segment had price increment, it was 56% in the lower-mid segment. Of the 14 cities covered, nine cities on average had price increment across 60% localities in lower-mid segment. Marginal price movement in both these categories mark the return of consumer interest and transaction activity and also augurs well for the industry.
Magicbricks PropIndex also stated that price level in other cities were practically stagnant or witnessed minor variation. In North, Greater Noida had the highest quarterly price decline followed by Ghaziabad, Noida, Delhi and Gurgaon. Pune and Thane in western India had marginal price decline while other cities like Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Ahmedabad either had marginal price increment or were stagnant.
In terms of budget segments, 63% premium localities across most cities had price decline. This was more prevalent in the north Indian cities of Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, where more than 75% premium localities, had price decline. Premium segment in Pune as well witnessed price decline across more almost 67% localities.
PropIndex also stated positive price movement in the Under-Construction (UC) property segment. Price of UC properties across 61% localities was either stable or saw a marginal increment. In comparison, price of Ready-to-move (RM) properties declined in 47% localities and was stable in only 2% localities.
Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida Migsun Group, the Leaders in Affordable Housing Launches Migsun Vilaasa at Greater Noida Migsun, one of India’s leading real estate companies, with approx. 6,40,692.85 sq.m. of delivered space in both real estate and construction contracting, launches its new project Migsun Vilaasa. Spread over 5 acres approximately, it offers a world class living experience in the industrial city of Greater Noida at a very affordable price starting at Rs. 15.99 Lakhs for 2 BHK and Rs. 25.99 Lakhs for 3 BHK. Loc
- Meet India's Top 3 DJs, Powered by Queen of Mashups: SOS Nitelife
- Importance of Strategic Partnerships to Build Health
- Risk Review Report on Indian Banking Sector by Alea Consulting
- UN Global Compact Network India to Host 13th National Convention on 8th June, 2018 in Bengaluru
- Halonix Technologies all set to Embark into Smart Lighting with 22% YoY Growth Target
- Max Life Insurance Records a Growth of 31% in the Value of New Business for FY18
- Second Edition of SuperStartUps Awards to be Held in Delhi on 30th May
- Samridhi Sambhav 2018 HPM India
- Birla Corporation Q4 Consolidated EBIDTA at Rs. 284 Crores
- Smart Cities India 2018 Expo Opens Tomorrow; Vice President Extends his Greetings
- Morepen Labs Reports Growth-filled Fourth Quarter to Close FY 2017-18 with a 25 Per cent Rise in its Net Profit
- YourNest Venture Capital Launches Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program
- 2-Day RBSM - India 2018 Beginning from 15th May in Mumbai
- Anondita Healthcare Joins Hands with Maharashtra and Karnataka Government
- Dubai Tourism Launches Dubai Pass to Experience the Best Attractions in Dubai