After a highly successful Tyre Care & Safety campaign at Honda Cars India at their Greater Noida plant earlier this year, Honda Cars invited ATMA and ITTAC to hold a similar activity at their Tapukara (Rajasthan) plant for the benefit of Honda Cars employees. Service engineers from ATMA member companies inspected tyres of the cars parked, held interactive seminars with employees for safe tyre care practices and distributed free literature.
“The role of well-maintained tyres in overall road safety is crucial. After all, tyres are the only point of contact with the road. A large number of accidents can be prevented if simple steps are taken to maintain tyres”, said Mr. Satish Sharma, Chairman ATMA.Union Government has been taking keen interest in tyre safety programme being run by ATMA & ITTAC. Mr Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary DIPP recently released the Tyre Care & Safety report.
In a new skilling initiative, ATMA & ITTAC have launched a programme to re-skill commercial tyre mechanics known as tyre fitters. “Tyre Fitters’ role is an important one. A tyre fitter not only repairs a tyre but also advises the transporter/ trucker about the condition of the tyre, good tyre upkeep, precautions that need to be taken for improving the life of a tyre etc”, said Mr. V. K. Misra, Chairman ITTAC.
During the training, tyre fitters are being given an in-depth understanding of commercial tyre and its components, best practices for upkeep of tyres, different tyre faults, their causes and the remedial measures.Tyre companies which have been participating in ATMA tyre safety and re-skilling drives include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone, Ceat, Continental, Goodyear, JK Tyre, Michelin, MRF, TVS and Yokohama.
About Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association (ATMA)ATMA is amongst the most active National industry bodies in India representing Rs 53000 crore (US$8.5 bn) automotive tyre industry. Eleven large tyre companies comprising mix of Indian and International tyre majors and representing over 90% of production of tyres in India are members of the Association. ATMA members include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone India, Ceat, Continental India, Goodyear India, JK Tyre & Industries, Michelin, MRF, TVS Tyres and Yokohama.
ATMA is a key link between the tyre manufacturers and the government and assists in relevant policy formulation on the sector. As true voice of tyre sector, ATMA regularly publishes industry Data and brings out status notes on various industry issues. ATMA is governed by a Managing Committee which is assisted by expert groups in areas like Marketing, Exports, Purchase of Raw Materials, Taxation and Technical.
Cinépolis Celebrates National Popcorn Day Cinépolis Celebrates National Popcorn Day Cinépolis, India’s 1st international and the world’s 2nd largest movie theatre circuit, celebrated National Popcorn Day with its patrons across Delhi and Mumbai, with a Popcorn Party hosted at Grand Venice Mall, Greater Noida and Viviana Mall, Thane on January 19.Creative and peppy to the core, Cinépolis has been celebrating National Popcorn Day since 2016. This year, Cinépolis unveiled #cinepolispopcornday by going beyond classic concessions and st
- Arvind Bajaj Money Rain Financial Services Help Investors Build Rich Stock Portfolio
- PayTren to Implement Alcatel-Lucent Rainbow Platform
- Weizmann Forex Ltd. Partners with Wirecard to Offer International Money Remittance Services
- Turkey Cold Chain Market Led by Emergence of E-Commerce, Food Delivery and Growing Trend
- OPPLE Lighting Celebrates Success with its Channel Partners
- Snapdeal Announces Curated Lohri-Sankranti Store
- Pidilite Industries Announces Acquisition of Majority Stake in CIPY Polyurethanes Pvt. Ltd.
- Videocon Hi5 Ties up with Flipkart as its Exclusive Online Partner for Sale of its Smartphone Accessories
- Chola MS General Insurance Honoured with Golden Peacock Award for Risk Management 2017
- Year end Quote on Behalf of Tata Steel
- UAE Exchange India Celebrates Christmas at St. Teresa's School
- Coffee Day Square Introduces the Finest Culinary Experience in Town
- PerkinElmer Exploring Opportunities to Invest India
- Lung Care Foundation and Petronet LNG Awarded with Guinness World Record of Creating the 'Largest Human Image of an Organ (Lung)'
- Snapdeal Happy New Year Sale Kicks off this Weekend