After a highly successful Tyre Care & Safety campaign at Honda Cars India at their Greater Noida plant earlier this year, Honda Cars invited ATMA and ITTAC to hold a similar activity at their Tapukara (Rajasthan) plant for the benefit of Honda Cars employees. Service engineers from ATMA member companies inspected tyres of the cars parked, held interactive seminars with employees for safe tyre care practices and distributed free literature.
“The role of well-maintained tyres in overall road safety is crucial. After all, tyres are the only point of contact with the road. A large number of accidents can be prevented if simple steps are taken to maintain tyres”, said Mr. Satish Sharma, Chairman ATMA.Union Government has been taking keen interest in tyre safety programme being run by ATMA & ITTAC. Mr Ramesh Abhishek, Secretary DIPP recently released the Tyre Care & Safety report.
In a new skilling initiative, ATMA & ITTAC have launched a programme to re-skill commercial tyre mechanics known as tyre fitters. “Tyre Fitters’ role is an important one. A tyre fitter not only repairs a tyre but also advises the transporter/ trucker about the condition of the tyre, good tyre upkeep, precautions that need to be taken for improving the life of a tyre etc”, said Mr. V. K. Misra, Chairman ITTAC.
During the training, tyre fitters are being given an in-depth understanding of commercial tyre and its components, best practices for upkeep of tyres, different tyre faults, their causes and the remedial measures.Tyre companies which have been participating in ATMA tyre safety and re-skilling drives include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone, Ceat, Continental, Goodyear, JK Tyre, Michelin, MRF, TVS and Yokohama.
About Automotive Tyre Manufacturers Association (ATMA)ATMA is amongst the most active National industry bodies in India representing Rs 53000 crore (US$8.5 bn) automotive tyre industry. Eleven large tyre companies comprising mix of Indian and International tyre majors and representing over 90% of production of tyres in India are members of the Association. ATMA members include Apollo Tyres, Birla Tyres, Bridgestone India, Ceat, Continental India, Goodyear India, JK Tyre & Industries, Michelin, MRF, TVS Tyres and Yokohama.
ATMA is a key link between the tyre manufacturers and the government and assists in relevant policy formulation on the sector. As true voice of tyre sector, ATMA regularly publishes industry Data and brings out status notes on various industry issues. ATMA is governed by a Managing Committee which is assisted by expert groups in areas like Marketing, Exports, Purchase of Raw Materials, Taxation and Technical.
OnMobile's Consumer Brand ONMO Sweeps Transform Awards in New York with 5 Wins OnMobile's Consumer Brand ONMO Sweeps Transform Awards in New York with 5 Wins ONMO, the sound based communication brand of OnMobile Global Limited, swept the Transform Awards North America 2017 with 5 wins including the Best Overall Visual Identity. Hosted by Transform Magazine, the awards recognize excellence in rebranding, brand development and the journey brands make.Apart from winning the Best Overall Visual Identity,
- Virat Kohli Joins Hands with Ola in its Campaign against Pollution and Congestion in Delhi-NCR
- Prudent Launches Online Empanelment Process for IFAs
- Morepen Labs Reports 24 Per cent Jump in its Q2 Net Profit Backed by Lower Interest Cost
- Omkar Realtors Resorts to Novel EOI Sales Strategy through a Record 3,000 Channel
- ITC Limited - Hotels Division Conferred the 2017 Greenbuild Leadership Award by the U.S. Green Building Council for its Commitment to the Green Building Movement in India
- Home Credit India Completes Second Two-wheeler Loan Securitisation, Raises INR 453 Million
- Franchise India Collaborates with Chicken Xpress and Snap Fitness
- OYO Continues to Gain High Market Share Despite its Hotel-only Focus Against Traditional Players: Kalagato Report
- Clarivate Analytics has Announced the India Research Excellence - Citation Awards 2017
- Hero MotoCorp Strikes a Goal with Hero World Bike Contest During FIFA U17 World Cup India 2017
- Total Launches New Integrated Campaign for Quartz Engine Oil
- NIIT Announces Strategic Initiative to Drive Cultures of Service Excellence across Organizations Worldwide
- Global Market Leader in Automotive Lighting OSRAM Unveils High Performance Automotive Lighting Product Range Customized for India Market
- Kellogg India Launches Chocos Fills
- HDFC Ltd Financial Results for the Half-year Ended September 30, 2017 Standalone and Consolidated