Aval Mixture is a snack (chivda) made using flattened rice (Poha), khara sev, boondi, groundnuts and curry leaves. This mixture is spiced with asafoetida, turmeric and chili powder. It is simple to make, the only time consuming process is frying the Poha. Aval mixture is usually made during Diwali or Gokulashtami but is an also a great tea time snack.
2 cups thick poha
1/2 cup red khara sev (spicy)
1/2 cup khara boondi
1/4 cups groundnuts
1/4 cup channa dhal, roasted
15 to 20 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Method of preparation
1. To begin making the Aval mixture recipe, first heat oil in a small kadai.
2. Place the Poha in a medium sized sieve with a handle and dip it in the hot oil.
3. Once the Poha sizzles take them out of the oil, drain it and place on an absorbent paper. Do this in batches, 1/2 cup at a time.
4. Fry the groundnuts, roasted channa dhal, curry leaves separately in the same oil and drain on absorbent paper.
5. Take the oil off the heat. Keep 1 tablespoon oil in the wok and take out the rest.
6. Add the hing, turmeric powder and red chili powder to the hot oil in the wok. Pour this over the Poha.
7. In a large mixing bowl add the poha, groundnuts, roasted channa dhal, curry leaves, sev, boondi and toss it together to mix. Add salt if required.
8. Cool and store it in an airtight container. Serve Aval Mixture with Kesari Gujiya and Masala Chai to your guests during festivals and special occasions.
Centrifugal Health (Part V) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan Above all prominent leaders of India Jesus Christ and Sai Ram (Sathya Sai Baba) enunciated "Though you are obeying or respecting or not, the natural world will nourish you all the time par excellence beyond the motherhood, without any expectations until otherwise you won't slaughter them". As per most Vedic beliefs, nourishing the trees especially Neem and Pongamia glabra will yield pure detoxified air and retain ground water level and finally quits the odd evil being overwhelmed your premises.
- Centrifugal Health (Part IV) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Centrifugal Health (Part III) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Do you take Iron on a regular basis? Where do you get from?
- Centrifugal Health (Part II) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Centrifugal Health (Part I) By Dr. Alagu Manivannan
- Nutrition for kids during puberty
- Pregnancy tips for normal delivery
- Do you know which foods to avoid during Appendicitis?
- Do you want to reduce your weight 30 days?
- Protein foods builds body, Do you take in on regular basis?
- Cold and flu prevention from our daily diets
- Burning fat & Cholesterol makes us healthy
- Healthy hair needs nutritious foods
- Anemia can be cured by Ayurvedic treatment
- Protecting lungs from air pollution