Aval Mixture is a snack (chivda) made using flattened rice (Poha), khara sev, boondi, groundnuts and curry leaves. This mixture is spiced with asafoetida, turmeric and chili powder. It is simple to make, the only time consuming process is frying the Poha. Aval mixture is usually made during Diwali or Gokulashtami but is an also a great tea time snack.
2 cups thick poha
1/2 cup red khara sev (spicy)
1/2 cup khara boondi
1/4 cups groundnuts
1/4 cup channa dhal, roasted
15 to 20 curry leaves
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/2 teaspoon hing (asafoetida)
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (or to taste)
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
Method of preparation
1. To begin making the Aval mixture recipe, first heat oil in a small kadai.
2. Place the Poha in a medium sized sieve with a handle and dip it in the hot oil.
3. Once the Poha sizzles take them out of the oil, drain it and place on an absorbent paper. Do this in batches, 1/2 cup at a time.
4. Fry the groundnuts, roasted channa dhal, curry leaves separately in the same oil and drain on absorbent paper.
5. Take the oil off the heat. Keep 1 tablespoon oil in the wok and take out the rest.
6. Add the hing, turmeric powder and red chili powder to the hot oil in the wok. Pour this over the Poha.
7. In a large mixing bowl add the poha, groundnuts, roasted channa dhal, curry leaves, sev, boondi and toss it together to mix. Add salt if required.
8. Cool and store it in an airtight container. Serve Aval Mixture with Kesari Gujiya and Masala Chai to your guests during festivals and special occasions.
Lazer eye surgery in diabetic patients poses more challenge Diabetic retinopathy People with diabetes are normally assessed annually for diabetic changes (retinopathy) at the back of the eye. If you have central diabetic retinopathy, your vision may be slightly impaired. Laser eye surgery will not improve vision that is reduced as a result of retinopathy, and many surgeons will not treat such people.
- Incredible benefits of eating Pomegranate on a Daily basis
- Do you know about this type of Dal and its Benefits?
- Eating Dates has many good properties
- Drinking Water before food reduces Calorie intake
- Risk of several diseases reduced by drinking Green Tea
- Amazing benefits of Drinking Ginger Juice
- Have Soups daily to make your day energetic
- Why Drinking Milk made compulsory for Kids from birth?