Healthy eating is essential for healthy eyes. For example foods rich in lutein, a vitamin found in leafy greens such as kale, are thought to help delay the onset of AMD and Cataracts. Omega-3 is believed to help reduce your tendency of getting dry eyes and maintain healthier eyes into old age. Oily fish like mackerel, tuna and salmon are the best food sources for high levels of Omega-3. Zinc can help promote better vision and can be found in foods such as cheese, milk and poultry.
Overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) light for prolonged periods can seriously
damage your eyes and in some cases is responsible for causing retinal burning
and even blindness. UV light is known to increase risk of AMD and Cataracts. It
is imperative that on bright days sunglasses are worn. If you are feeling
discomfort from sun’s rays this may be a sign that your eyes are being damaged.
UV levels are at their highest between 10 am-2 pm so plan accordingly.
In fact smokers are four times more likely to develop AMD and smoking even
impairs the effectiveness of AMD treatment. In addition to this a smoker’s risk
of developing cataracts goes hand in hand with the number of cigarettes smoked those who smoke heavily are likely to develop more severe cataracts.
Foods to help you get Regular Periods . Omega 3 Fatty acids – Salmon, Fish oil supplements, Sardines Smoking, obesity, and high cholesterol can negatively affect your ovarian blood vessels, which blocks hormones and blood flow. Fish oils enhance blood circulation, reduce damage from free radicals, fight the effects of aging, and increase dopamine.
- Nutrition for kids during puberty
- Foods that fight Cold and flu during Rainy Season
- Natural remedies for teeth ache
- How do you get Vitamin D and Calcium?
- Homemade Remedies for stopping a running nose
- These Diets can cure an itchy scalp
- Tips for building strong bones in kids
- Joint friendly foods for Men's fitness
- Do you want to lose weight on a 12 week plan?
- Things to be avoided when you are pregnant
- Tips for back pain relief
- Healthy habits for good eye health
- Diets that will help women to gain energy during periods
- Simple dietary guidelines to keep you hale and healthy in Older age
- Why Women need more Calcium?