Healthy eating is essential for healthy eyes. For example foods rich in lutein, a vitamin found in leafy greens such as kale, are thought to help delay the onset of AMD and Cataracts. Omega-3 is believed to help reduce your tendency of getting dry eyes and maintain healthier eyes into old age. Oily fish like mackerel, tuna and salmon are the best food sources for high levels of Omega-3. Zinc can help promote better vision and can be found in foods such as cheese, milk and poultry.
Overexposure to ultraviolet (UV) light for prolonged periods can seriously
damage your eyes and in some cases is responsible for causing retinal burning
and even blindness. UV light is known to increase risk of AMD and Cataracts. It
is imperative that on bright days sunglasses are worn. If you are feeling
discomfort from sun’s rays this may be a sign that your eyes are being damaged.
UV levels are at their highest between 10 am-2 pm so plan accordingly.
In fact smokers are four times more likely to develop AMD and smoking even
impairs the effectiveness of AMD treatment. In addition to this a smoker’s risk
of developing cataracts goes hand in hand with the number of cigarettes smoked those who smoke heavily are likely to develop more severe cataracts.
Burning fat & Cholesterol makes us healthy Always eat more fruits and vegetables as they have more vitamins and minerals. Avoid eating processed foods and artificial flavor dishes as they may contain more chemicals and pesticides. Have vegetable and fruit salad on a regular basis to stay healthy and it will not increase the body weight.
- Healthy hair needs nutritious foods
- Anemia can be cured by Ayurvedic treatment
- Protecting lungs from air pollution
- Summer season nearing, diets which makes us healthy
- How to handle common Skin Problems in summer?
- Is your daily foods has Cancer fighting ingredients?
- Grape Seed extract reduces risk of cancer
- Preventive steps for eradicating Cancer in your LIFE!!!
- Do you know about Pregnancy symptoms in the first month?
- Homemade remedies for treating irregular periods to a regular one
- Some highlighting facts about Iron and Iron Deficiency
- Men's fitness foods to stay healthy always
- Use Fenugreek seeds for many health related problems
- Osteo Arthritis makes many tough to walk
- Bad effects of wearing high heels