Young children should consume about 800 milligrams of calcium a day. But between ages 9 and 18, when bone growth speeds up, that requirement almost doubles to 1,300 mg. That's about three cups of fat free or low fat milk plus additional calcium rich foods, such as broccoli, cheese, yogurt, or calcium fortified orange juice.
Children and adolescents need at least 200
international units of vitamin D. Milk and orange juice often is fortified with
the vitamin and a few other foods contain it. Sunlight is a major source. About
10 to 15 minutes of sun exposure weekly is enough for many children, although
skin pigmentation alters sun absorption so black children need more. The goal
is to get just enough sun for vitamin D production while avoiding too much of
its skin-damaging rays.
Children of all ages need about an hour of physical
activity most days, and 10 to 15 minutes at a time can add up. Weight bearing
exercises strengthen bone, anything from team sports like soccer to simply
jumping rope or running around. The goal is for the arms or legs to bear all
the body's weight.
Do you want to reduce your weight 30 days? One of the best ways to burn fats and calories in the body is exercising daily for a couple of hours. Exercise helps you stay fit and also keeps you from the diseases caused by excess fats. Improper diet also results to weight gaining and health problems. Fast foods and junk food which we commonly eat these days produce lot of calories and fats in the body. In order to get rid of those fats and reduce weight, we should get rid of the habit of eating such food.
- Protein foods builds body, Do you take in on regular basis?
- Cold and flu prevention from our daily diets
- Burning fat & Cholesterol makes us healthy
- Healthy hair needs nutritious foods
- Anemia can be cured by Ayurvedic treatment
- Protecting lungs from air pollution
- Summer season nearing, diets which makes us healthy
- How to handle common Skin Problems in summer?
- Is your daily foods has Cancer fighting ingredients?
- Grape Seed extract reduces risk of cancer
- Preventive steps for eradicating Cancer in your LIFE!!!
- Do you know about Pregnancy symptoms in the first month?
- Homemade remedies for treating irregular periods to a regular one
- Some highlighting facts about Iron and Iron Deficiency
- Men's fitness foods to stay healthy always