Every year on Independence Day and Republic day, flower shows are organized at the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. The event is jointly organized by Department of Horticulture and Mysore Horticulture Society, this flower show has been one of the most awaited events in the Garden City.
1. A highlight is the 900,000 saplings, which were planted three months ago. Apart from Glass House and Band Stand, that usually get the crown of flowers, this time there would be longer lasting flowers in more than 60 spots, including foothill of Kempegowda towers, director’s campus, DHO Lawn, Tree Fossil area, Java Fig area.
2. Twenty-five varieties would occupy 10,000 sq feet at different vantage points. The Glass House will host nearly 800 aesthetic exhibits. Nearly 250 farmers across the State would display rare and unique farm produce to demonstrate the emerging horticulture technologies.
3. The cool and sublime weather condition of Bangalore adds to the splendor of the Flower Show in more ways than one way. Undoubtedly, a must visit place for the whole family.
4. Flower show is open from January 16 to 26, 2016. Car parking will be at Shantinagar Bus Stand, the BBMP car park on JC Road, for two-wheelers at Al-Ameen College and HOPCOMS premises near Double Road Gate.
5. School buses are allowed into the garden through the Double Road gate. There are cloak rooms at each entrance of the Lalbagh Botanical Garden. 40 CCTVs, hidden cameras and drone cameras have been used for providing security and the timing is 9 am to 6 pm