Mixed Vegetable Curry Roll is a delicious combination of buns and vegetable stuffing. It is a very filling dish and can be packed for kid’s lunch box or picnic box. You can even cook it during weekend dinner when you want to make use of your leftover vegetables. Serve Mixed Vegetable Curry Roll along with Tomato Garlic Chutney, Capsicum chutney or any other chutney of your choice.
1. 3 hot dog breads
2. Oil as required
3. 1 cup onion, finely chopped
4. 3 to 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
5. 1 to 2 green chilies, finely chopped
6. 1 cup capsicum, finely chopped
7. 1 cup tomatoes, finely chopped
8. 1-1/2 cup of mixed vegetables (French beans, carrots, green peas and potatoes), finely chopped
9. 1/2 cup water
10. 1 tablespoon curry powder
11. 1 tablespoon red chili powder
12. Salt to taste
13. 1 cup cheese, grated
14. Fresh coriander leaves
15. 1 to 2 tablespoon lime juice
16. Butter as required
1. To begin making the Mixed Vegetable Curry Roll recipe, heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
2. Once the oil is mildly hot, add onions and sauté them properly until they turn soft and brown in color.
3. Add chopped garlic and after a few seconds, add the chopped capsicum and let it cook for few more minutes.
4. Next, add the chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Let it cook for another 1 minute.
5. After a minute, add all the dry masala including curry powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste and let it cook until tomatoes are soft enough.
6. Add all steamed vegetables, mash them a bit and mix everything well.
7. Add some water if you find mixture too dry as it should not dry out completely.
8. Once it’s cooked, add the grated cheese, lime juice and fresh chopped coriander leaves.
9. Our filling is ready and now the next step is to assemble the Mixed Vegetable Curry Rolls.
10. Slit a hot dog and remove little bread from inside of hot dog to make space for filling.
11. Fill in the bread with curry masala we prepared above. Keep them aside.
12. Heat a little butter on a skillet and apply some butter on both the sides of hot dog.
13. Place the rolls on the pan and warm them up on both sides and serve hot. Serve Mixed Vegetable Curry Roll along with Tomato Garlic Chutney, Capsicum Chutney or any other chutney of your choice.