What Is Good
- Saif Ali Khan
What Is Bad
- Slow paced
The movie starts with a background story of a younger version of Saif Ali Khan who stays in a joint family. His father wants him to be a doctor, but he has passion towards food and cooking. So he runs away from home when he was just 15. And as time comes to present, we see Roshan (Saif) in New York pursuing his dream. He is a chef in a fancy restaurant. But he never achieved his ambitions and from a young boy with bigger dreams, he is a man with anger issues. He also gets into trouble with his ex-wife and son. At one point, his cooking ideas loses its freshness . How he gets back into the game? Did he joined with his family? What about the restrained relationship with his ex-wife? Watch out on the big screen.
Well, even before writing about the performances, we would like to say this is an 'Official' adaptation of Hollywood movie 'Chef' and Jon Favreau (Director of The Jungle Book) did the lead role in the original. But Saif Ali Khan has done the role with all his acting abilities and makes us blend along with the story. Scarlett Johansson character was done by Sobhita Dhulipala and she has done a decent job. But in the end, it is just Saif Ali Khan who scores and give matured performance as a hot-headed husband and also a caring father. Padmapriya (Radha) is Saif's ex-wife and she is mostly used as an icing on the cake. Rest of the characters have done justice to their roles.
The movie is mostly an emotional bondage between fathers and sons who's opinions, ideologies, attitude differs. The movie also has its comical moments, but more than comical moments, it's the emotions which run through. Ritesh Shah's witty dialogues are the backbone of the movie. Director Raja Krishna Menon who brings the official adaptation of 'Chef' from Hollywood has definitely tuned it to Bollywood. The Music is also a major plus. 'Banjara', 'Tere Mere', 'Darmiyaan' songs will ring in your ears for sure. Editing has been brilliant and Cinematography has been topnotch. No hush-hush cuts or zig-zag frames to annoy us. The production values are also rich.
If you have seen the original 'Chef' in Hollywood version, don't take it to mind while watching this. This is our own Bollywood version. Saif Ali Khan has totally nailed it. The movie is highly predictable and travels on the path which we prefer. But the travel never gets you tired. Brilliant casting, Strong technical team, Some delicious comical moments, are a total treat to watch on the screen. A beautiful, delightful and tasty film on cuisine of life. This Bollywood Chef has cooked a delicious food which would suit everyone's taste buds!
Ileana shows her hotness during the promotions of 'RAID' - Photos Inside Ileana D'Cruz is an Indian actress primarily associated with Tollywood and Bollywood industries. Basically, from Goa, the slender beauty ventured into Telugu film industry with Devadasu, which became a huge success after initial flop talks and later picking up.
- Tamanna doesn't want to act with 'This Actor'
- After failing with Shruti, Anushka, Telugu Film Maker tries his luck in Bollywood
- SHOCKING INCIDENT :: "When Camera Man Drilled a Hole in Actress Dressing Room..."
- OMG! Sai Pallavi having "SECRET AFFAIR" with Andhra Minister's Son - The Minister himself Opens up!
- This Latest photo of Trisha will make you wonder whether she's really 34 or not?
- Only Kajal Aggarwal can Expose the Right Areas and Tempt everyone's Mood - But, this Young Actress ??
- Shriya does it Again in Public - Wears Transparent White Tops before everyone and grabs Attention - 16 Hot Photos!
- "We Sleep with Producers and Directors.. I can say it openly, But..." - Slim Waist Heroine SHOCKS again!
- Okay... Kajal Aggarwal has Acted like 'These' and gone 'Bold' before Cameras
- 23 Photos of Shruti Haasan while shooting for 'Hello' magazine - Behind The Scenes photos!
- Gets an Interesting 'Title' - But can he get a Real 'Success' ??
- "Okay... I Love to be a Mom...!!"
- Dear Kajal, At least say 'YES' right now
- "I am ready to act WEE-NAKED.."