What Is Good
- Visual Effects
- Abbie Cornish
What Is Bad
- Predictable factor
Hollywood's tryst with disaster flicks and movies presenting mass Destruction/ planet Earth in trouble themes in a grand scale with huge budget and extensive VFX, continues to sustain interest and appeal with a section of audience, and the latest entrant in this league of entertainers is the Dean Devlin directorial Geostorm, with Gerard Butler playing lead. Let's see what the movie is all about, in this exclusive review by AP Herald.
Jack Lawson (Gerard Butler) is a tech wizard, whose life goes smooth, until he's confronted with two huge, unanticipated situations : Jack is the designer of a special satellite Dutch Boy, which has ultimate control over global climate changes and stability, and one find day, the all-powerful satellite malfunctions, making situations turn ugly and beyond control, causing natural calamities all over the world. Besides, he has to face his superior Max (Jim Sturgess), who's none other than his own younger brother. Now Jack has to act quickly and intelligently to repair Dutch Boy, save the world from the destruction that the unforeseen, uncontrollable calamities might cause, and whether Jack joined hands with brother Max and protected planet Earth is what the fun-filled Geostorm is all about.
Gerard Butler excels as the techie Jack, who has to rescue the planet swiftly, redeeming the errors his own creation has done, besides also having to face the emotional trouble of having to compromise and cooperate with a warring brother, letting go of ego clashes. Abbie Cornish as Max's girlfriend, working in a secret service, impresses with her glam and spicy screen presence and striking beauty. Jim Sturgess plays the perfect foil to brother Gerard, and his dialogues and encounters with Gerard are a treat to watch. While Ed Harris as the US secretary of State and Andy Garcia as the President are adequate, while Alexandra Maria Lara plays the typical eye-candy.
Lorne Balfe's background score almost perfectly complements the tense gripping screenplay and tone of the movie, and Roberto Schaefer's Cinematography follows the template pattern for disaster flicks and does the job to perfection.
After being in production for more than 3 years and undergoing numerous delays, reshoots thanks to poor reception in initial version screenings, this Dean Devlin directorial has released now and was expected to be a timepass entertainer. And Geostorm is exactly that - It's a popcorn entertainment, with loads of typical disaster film stuff like hurricanes, windstorms, tornadoes and all that.
Geostorm is very much a predictable entertainer, but keeps you invested, thanks to the fun element in the screenplay, despite the feel of deja vu. With apt casting and some fine pace in the routine screenplay laced with good humor, Geostorm makes up for its cliches and predictability and offers ample entertainment. The CG is okayish, while the supposed to be goosebumps moments end up evoking laughs, still working in the favor of the movie, making Geostorm a movie that can be definitely watched to get your weekend's entertainment guaranteed.
Can atleast the Mega Power Star Keep his Promise After the huge wait and unanticipated postponements and uncertainty over the release of the glimpse of Rangasthalam, the team of the much-anticipated flick has released the exciting first look poster of the movie and it has gone viral across the Social media platforms.
- Whaa..tt...?? Shruti Haasan Married her London Boyfriend? See this Photo and decide yourself!
- The Sri Lankan Babe has been exposed on the Internet !!
- The Jabalpur babe will make you stare at 'THIS PHOTO' for at least 30 seconds without blinking - Check the Photo and Try yourself
- Kajal and Samantha BACKS out - But the Unexpected has Happened
- Holy Mother of God! What a Change Over for this Desi Dusky Babe Actress !?! Fans drool and see their 'Tasty' comments
- APHERALD EXCLUSIVE: 16 Sensuous WET-HOT Photos Of BRAHMIN BEAUTY Showing Eroticness To New Level - Part 2
- The Sexy and Saucy "Milky White" Actress came to wedding in a Drunken State and called the Bride as a Bi**h !!
- So, Will she do HOMELY Characters or ...??
- She does it again - Goes 'VERY BOLD' once again for a Photoshoot - See the Stunning Hot Photos inside
- Whaa...ttt..?? Again...?? Once more ?? No way !! Rakul Preet panics immediately
- Kriti gets it Bigger and Better
- Keerthi Suresh going to do a Samantha !?!
- Shruti Haasan intentionally saying 'NO' due to Boyfriend !?!
- Okay... Can you identify or guess what is she Actually Wearing? A Lingerie with a Net Skirt? See more Photos Inside!