The horror genre is always a Minimum Guarantee at the Indian Box-Office. 2017 has seen a wide range of Horror movies from Hollywood and most of them were dubbed in the regional languages and tasted success at the Indian Box-Office too.
When you can look back at the year 2017, we can see lots of low-budget, high-concept frighteners like 'Get Out', 'Split', 'Annabelle: Creation', 'IT', 'Happy Death Day' and so on. 'Happy Death Day' is a movie where a college student gets stuck in a time loop and sees her murdered again and again.
The sensational success of 'Lights Out' earned David F.Sandberg another chance to direct 'Annabelle: Creation' and he proved his mettle once again. The scary doll has raked in more than $300 Million Worldwide already. New Line and Warner Bros took a rehash on the Stephen King classic 'IT' and it has grossed more than $667 Million.
So, why can't we Indians make such movies? Be it Hindi, Tamil or Telugu, these horror movies are better with better stories and stronger characters. The quality of scripts, of projects, coming in has increased dramatically. But, that is lacking in our Indian movies. It's not just about the visual effects or the Good triumphs over the evil concept. Hope we Indians too make such scary movies soon!
Golden Girl provides some respite for the Action Hero This summer has been very fruitful for Tollywood, with big hits coming in for the industry, like Ramcharan's Rangasthalam, Mahesh Babu starrer Bharat Ane Nenu, and Keerthy Suresh Starrer Mahanati, which completely resurrected the industry.
- Kajal Aggarwal does CAT Fight with Director's Daughter and Young Actress
- Tamanna ready for Smooch Fest
- Payment woes for Trisha?
- Rakul ready for Challenge!
- Kajal Aggarwal approached by a Leading Magazine for a Topless Shoot
- Kajal Aggarwal gets a Videshi Boyfriend... All set for Marriage this year end !?!
- Will lady superstar accept glamour?
- A Bikini Fest for Bellamkonda Sai Sreenivas - First Pooja Hegde, Now Kajal Aggarwal