Sources have stated that Aadhaar should be made mandatory for the registration of NRI marriages in India to tackle desertion and other marital issues, an inter-ministerial committee has recommended to the Ministry of External Affairs. Meanwhile the proposal by the special committee on Indian passport holders getting married in India is aimed at protecting the rights of women who are deserted by their NRI husbands or become victims of domestic violence and dowry harassment abroad.
Meanwhile the Unique Identification Authority of India is working on a policy for the Aadhaar enrolment of NRIs, Overseas Citizens of India and Persons of Indian Origin. At present, all residents including Indian nationals and foreigners with valid visas can enroll for an Aadhaar number.
Moreover the panel also recommended that India amend its extradition treaties with various countries to include domestic violence as a criterion for seeking the custody of an accused. Furthermore an official in the ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) said tracking an offender in NRI marriages was often difficult. "The main issue is that serving of notice is difficult because you don't have the address”.
Indian father shot while protecting son from robbers New York sources have stated that an Indian descent father was shot and injured while trying to protect his son from robbers who tried to force their way into his home here, according to media reports. Earlier on Sunday a man came to the home of Thakur Persaud in the Queens district of the city and when his 13 year old son answered the door he claimed to have a package for delivery.
- Miss World 2017 Crown by Indian Manushi Chhillar
- Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns