Washington sources have stated that the US has resumed the premium processing of all H-1B visa petitions subject to the fiscal 2018 cap, five months after it was suspended to check the rush of work visas popular among Indian techies. The US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) resumed the premium processing on Monday. The suspension has, however, been revoked subject to a limit mandated by the US Congress. The FY 2018 cap has been set at 65,000 visas.
Meanwhile the premium processing also resumed for the annual 20,000 additional petitions that are set aside to hire workers with a US master’s degree or higher educational degree. Premium processing of H1B visa was suspended in April to manage a huge rush of new petitions. H-1B visas are one of the most opted visas in the US that provide skilled workers from foreign countries to work in a wide range of specialty occupations, including information technology, academic research, and accounting. It is used mostly by Indian IT professionals.
When a petitioner requests the agency’s premium
processing service, the USCIS guarantees a 15-day processing time. The USCIS
said “If the 15 calendar day processing time is not met, the agency will refund
the petitioner’s premium processing service fee and continue with expedited
processing of the application”.
Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks According to sources it is now clear that Nirav Modi has changed his status in the Indian documents from resident Indian to Non Resident Indian (NRI). Meanwhile this happened sometime last year. It is not known whether Indian banks, especially the Punjab National Bank, were aware of their borrower's status shifting to a NRI. All along, Modi was classified as Indian promoter of his borrowing companies that were issued the letter of undertakings (LoU).
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris
- Will Nikki Haley become Secretary for state in 2020 and President in 2024?