According to sources in Mumbai, Tarun Ramadorai prefers to work out of his father's apartment in Malabar Hills. In Delhi, it's usually the offices of one of the many think tanks. Most of the time, though, he is in London, at the Imperial College Business School, where he works, teaches and researches financial economics.
For the son of former TCS CEO Subramanian Ramadorai, there was enough opportunity to strike it rich in the corporate world. However, Tarun, 42, preferred the world of economics and academia. Moreover among the suggestions made by the Ramadorai committee is a proposal to link all gold transactions by jewelers to PAN cards. While that is to deal with the illegal bit, he suggests that inflation-indexed bonds are another product that can help people invests in financial instruments instead of gold, as also the need to make unsecured credit easily available.
Meanwhile a howl of protests will surely follow the suggestion to link PAN
card. Ramadorai report also notes that the peculiarity of Indian household
finance is the near total absence of investments in pension products and Ramadorai
says the expectation is often that the next generation will take care of the
elderly as is the norm in the traditional Indian joint family structure.
Indian father shot while protecting son from robbers New York sources have stated that an Indian descent father was shot and injured while trying to protect his son from robbers who tried to force their way into his home here, according to media reports. Earlier on Sunday a man came to the home of Thakur Persaud in the Queens district of the city and when his 13 year old son answered the door he claimed to have a package for delivery.
- Miss World 2017 Crown by Indian Manushi Chhillar
- Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns