New York sources have stated that a woman of Indian-descent was left to die in a car by the driver who left her behind after the vehicle caught fire in New York. According to sources the firefighters found the charred body of 25 year old Harleen Grewal early Friday morning.
Sources have stated that the driver of the car, Saeed Ahmad, 23, whom the daily described as “heartless”, flagged down a taxi near the scene of the incident to go to a hospital. Meanwhile the police caught him at the hospital, where he was being treated for burns to his arms and legs, and charged him with homicide and several other offences relating to the incident.
Furthermore his driving license had been suspended prior to the accident making it illegal for him to drive. Police sources told the New York Daily News that Ahmad had a few drinks before the crash but a blood test showed he was not legally drunk. According to witness he was seen weaving in and out of traffic before his 2007 Infiniti G35 car hit the road divider and caught fire. Moreover Ahmad told the police that he was dating Grewal, the daughter of Punjabi immigrants. Finally Ahmad’s brother, Waheed, claimed that he had tried to rescue Grewal.
Bangladeshi diplomat accused for labor trafficking Sources from New York have stated that a high ranking Bangladeshi diplomat based in New York, accused of forcing his servant to work for up to 18 hours a day without pay, was charged on Monday with labor trafficking and assault. Shahedul Islam, Bangladesh’s Deputy Consul General in New York, faces up to 15 years in prison if convicted.
- Changed status of Nirav Modi as NRI known to Indian Banks
- President Trump pushed for a merit based immigration system that admits skilled people
- 101 year old athlete Mann Kaur walks the famous Sky Tower and creates record
- Florida fire shooting kills 17 students
- Neil Chatterjee appointed by Trump for FERC is highly skillful
- Trump condemns the crime in Portland
- PM Narendra Modi addresses NRI's at Muscat soon
- Indian American lawyer Kashyap Patel is the author of controversial Republican memo critical of the FBI
- Child trafficking is a common thing in Atlanta, USA
- NRI's lost bag in Metro Rail returned by CISF
- US Representative Nikki Haley condemned as highly offensive & disgusting rumors spread about her personal life
- Indian Origin British man identified by the US as the Islamic State executioner in Syria
- President Donald Trump imitated accent of Indian PM Modi in a private conversation about Afghanistan
- 65 Year said she was fired when she supported Trump
- Harinder Malhi and Indira Naidoo Harris