1. Hear acid attack cases daily, wrap up trial in 3 months: Uttarakhand HC : The Uttarakhand high court on Monday directed trial courts throughout the state to hear acid attack cases on a daily basis and ensure that such trials are concluded within three months.
2. Hizbul module busted, four held in J&K : J&K police and Armybusted a Hizbul Mujahideen module, and arrested four people, including two terrorists, from Handwara in north Kashmir and two over ground workers from south Kashmir Awantiporatown on Monday.
3. Farmers wilfully defaulting on loans in hope of waiver : Expectation of loan waiver has prompted farmers across states to stop repayment of money owed to financial institutions. This adds pressure on banks that are already grappling with a record pile of bad corporate debt.
4. GJM men torch govt offices, Didi says won’t bow to goons : Gorkha Janmukti Morcha (GJM) supporters followed up the attack on the BDO establishment with two more strikes — one on a PWD office on Lebong Cart Road and another on a state power department office in Sonada. On Tuesday, the last day of this stir. CMMamata Banerjee, however, said there could no compromise with "goons".
5. Give details of four Uri attackers, India tells Pakistan : The National Investigation Agency has approached Pakistan to provide details of four fidayeen attackers involved in last year's attack on an Armycamp in Uri, after which the Indian Army carried out surgical strikes across the line of control (LoC) and destroyed several launch pads.
6. Rahul Gandhi slams Sandeep Dikshit's remark on Army chief : "The comments were wrong. The Army protects the country and a politician should not comment about the chief," Rahul said at a Karnataka Congress members' general body meeting.
7. Congress: BJP trying to shift goalpost by talking about doubling farm income : Congress has accused BJP of trying to divert farmers' attention by talking about doubling their income by 2022, resolving to keep the focus on what it called was Prime Minister Narendra Modi's 2014 election promise of increasing MSP for crops.
8. Muslim villages fine man Rs 2 lakh for triple talaq : Muslims from 52 villages assembled at a panchayat in Sambhal and, calling the practice "undesirable and irregular", levied a fine of Rs 2 lakh on a local man who divorced his wife through triple talaq.
9. Tamil Nadu govt officials ferrying cattle attacked in Rajasthan : Four persons were injured late on Sunday in Barmer city when selfstyled 'gau rakshaks' (cow vigilantes) attacked a group of Tamil Nadu animal husbandry department officials and truck drivers, who were transporting cattle from Jaisalmer to Sivaganga in the southern state as part of a breed improvement programme.
10. Karnan first High Court judge to retire while on the run : Justice C S Karnan of the Calcutta high court has earned another dubious distinction: he is the first HC judge to retire while on the run.
11. Rahul Gandhi's dig at PM: Government only has schemes like 'Stand Up India', 'Sit Down India', not employment : "...yes, yes, Startup India, Stand Up India, Sit Down India, Move Left India, Go Right India, but not one person is getting employment" from these schemes, the Congress vice president said. "These are big speeches but they are hollow", Rahul added.
1. Panama switches diplomatic recognition from Taiwan to China : Panama switched diplomatic relationsfrom Taiwan to China on Monday after more than a century of having only commercial relations with the Asian giant, the latest twist in Beijing and Taipei's ongoing competition for recognition by the world's nations.
2. Islamic State calls for Ramzan attacks in US, Europe : The Islamic State group is calling on supporters to carry out attacks in the United States and Europe during the Muslim holy month of Ramzan that began two weeks ago.
3. Another US appeals court keeps Trump's travel ban blocked : Another federal appeals court has upheld a decision blocking President Donald Trump's revised travel ban.
4. UK urges Gulf states to ease blockade against Qatar : Britain on Monday urged Gulf states including Saudi Arabia to ease a blockade of Qatarand to find an immediate solution to the impasse through mediation.
5. We are going to starve the beast: Donald Trump on terrorism : US President Donald Trump held the first meeting of his full Cabinet on Monday, vowing to take the fight against terrorism to the very end and said "we are going to starve the beast" by stopping its funding.
6. COVFEFE Act would preserve Trump's tweets as official statements : From the incomprehensible "covfefe" to a post labeling fired FBI director James Comey a "leaker," President Donald Trump's tweets would be preserved as presidential records if a Democratic lawmaker's proposed COVFEFE Act becomes law.
7. Indian shot at by Saudi forces in Awamia : An Indian has been reportedly injured in a shooting resorted to by Saudi forces at Awamia in Saudi Arabia on June 12.
8. Norway proposes ban on full-face veils in schools : Norway aims to ban face-covering Muslim veils in kindergartens, schools and universities, the government said on Monday, the latest European nation to propose restrictions on wearing burqas and niqabs.
9. North Korea 'most urgent' threat to security: Jim Mattis : US Defense Secretary Jim Mattis said on Monday that North Korea's advancing missile and nuclear programs were the "most urgent" threat to national security and that its means to deliver them had increased in speed and scope.
10. Philippines says militants control 20 percent of besieged city : The Philippines militarysaid on Tuesday thatIslamist militantshold 20 percent of the Marawi City, disputing an earlier claim by Islamic State's news agency Amaq that its "fighters are spread in more than two-thirds" of the southern town.