1. Govt promotes 20 IPS officers as DGPs : The government on Wednesday empanelled as DGPs fourteen 1984-batch IPS officers, including two additional director-rank officers serving in the CBI.
2. Sparks fly in Punjab House over Gill's obituary : Sparks flew as Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) legislators walked out after the government made an obituary reference to super cop KPS Gill. Gill, who is credited with ending militancy in Punjab, died in Delhi on May 26.
3. Opposition will wait for NDA to propose President nominee : The opposition parties have decided to put on hold their discussions on the presidential polls until the ruling NDA makes its choice regarding its nominee for the top job, with some parties saying they will take a call after assessing whether the BJPnominee is a "credible and acceptable" figure.
4. Day after UK court relief, ED charges Vijay Mallya, others : A day after a London court granted Vijay Mallya relief till December in an extradition case, the Enforcement Directorate (ED) on Wednesday submitted a chargesheet in a Mumbai special court against the businessman and six others in a Rs 900-crore money laundering case.
5. AAP kept out of opposition grouping on Presidential poll : Congress and NCP on Wednesday struck down a proposal by other opposition parties to include the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) in discussions to identify a presidential candidate.
6. CBI raids 10 places in Rs 184 crore bank fraud case : The Central Bureau of Investigation on Wednesday carried out raids at 10 locations in a multi-city operation after registering a case against a general manager of IDBI Bank and seven others for allegedly cheating United Bank of Rs 184 crore.
7. Flash floods wreak havoc in Manipur : In Manipur, flash floods submerged huge tracts of low-lying areas in the Imphal valley, including Heingang -the home constituency of the state's CM Nongthembam Biren Singh.
8. Angry at her father, man burns 14-year-old : A 14-year-old girl was allegedly burnt alive by a youth in a village here on Tuesday "to settle scores" with her father. The father had reportedly led a protest in the village after the suspect eloped with a married neighbour. The incident occurred Harpur Bochha village.
9. Cyberbullying: Govt gets complaints from 7 women every month : At least seven women have been writing to MWCD every month since then, complaining of hateful conduct and stalking.
10. Swachh app a hit: 10 lakh issues sorted out in 10 months : Centre's push to resolve sanitation-related grievances in cities is delivering results since it launched the "Swachhta-MoUD" app, which enables citizens to lodge complaints.
11. Pakistan boasts about its history, but with a photo of Red Fort : Presenting a picture of Delhi's Red Fort with the Indian flag fluttering above it, the Pakistani side claimed it was a fort in Shalamar Gardens in Lahore. "These are masterpieces from the time of the brilliant Mughal civilisation, which reached its height during the reign of Emperor Shah Jahan," it went on to say.
12. PM Narendra Modi, Donald Trump may build up on 2015 APAC vision : With China in mind, India and the USA are discussing an economic architecture for the Asia-Pacific region that would be a key item on the agenda for Prime Minister Narendra Modi's June 25-26 visit to Washington.
1. Four, including gunman, killed in San Francisco UPS facility shooting : A man dressed in a UPS uniform and armed with an "assault pistol" opened fire at a United Parcel Service Inc package sorting hub in San Francisco, killing three people before turning the gun on himself, police said.
2. London residents demand answers in deadly high-rise blaze : With smoke still swirling around the charred remains of Grenfell Tower in west London, residents and community leaders demanded to know Wednesday how a ferocious fire could have swept through the high-rise apartment block with such speed that it killed at least 12 people.
3. Hostages held, 9 killed in attack at Somalia restaurant : Gunmen posing as military forces were holding dozens of hostages inside a popular restaurant in Somalia's capital in an attack that began when a car bomb exploded at the gate.
4. Indian embassy in Egypt hosts iftar banquet : The Indian embassy in Cairo hosted an iftarbanquet as part of its annual tradition to commemorate the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
5. Ireland elects first gay prime minister Leo Varadkar : Leo Varadkar was elected Irish Prime Minister on Wednesday, making the 38-year-old son of an Indian immigrant the once-staunchly Catholic country's first gay premier and the youngest person to hold the office.
6. Hafiz Saeed detention case: Lahore High Court to announce verdict on June 19 : The Lahore High Courtwill on June 19 announce its verdict in the detention case of Mumbai attack mastermind and Jamaat-ud Dawah (JuD) chief Hafiz Saeed.
7. London tower fire: Muslims awake for Ramzan helped save lives : Muslimswho were awake during the night because they were observing Ramzanhelped save lives after noticing the blaze in London's Grenfell Tower.
8. Donald Trump visits wounded congressman in hospital : President Donald Trump and his wife Melania met Republican Congressman Steve Scalise, who was critically injured in the shooting during a practice session for an annual baseball game in a Washington suburb.
9. Four, including gunman, killed in San Francisco UPS facility shooting : A man dressed in a UPS uniform and armed with an "assault pistol" opened fire at a United Parcel Service Inc package sorting hub in San Francisco, killing three people before turning the gun on himself.
10. Nawaz Sharif to appear before panel probing graft charges : Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is appearing before a Supreme Court-appointed team investigating allegations against his family's offshore companies andmoney laundering.