According to sources a court in South Korea on Friday sentenced Samsung's billionaire heir-apparent Lee Jae-yong to five years in prison for corruption. Sources have stated that Mr. Lee was accused of bribery in a scandal that also led to the impeachment of South Korea's former president.
Currently the case has gripped the public amid growing anger against South Korea's biggest companies, known as chaebols. Earlier the prosecutors had originally sought a 12 year sentence for Mr. Lee in a trial that was closely enmeshed with the case of former president Park Geun-hye, who is also now on trial.
Moreover also known as Jay Y Lee, the de facto head of the world's largest
smartphone maker had been detained since February on a string of corruption
charges and these included including bribery, embezzlement and hiding assets
overseas. Furthermore the 49 year old was accused of giving donations worth
41bn won ($36m; £29m) to non-profit foundations operated by Choi Soon-sil, a
friend of South Korea's former President Park Geun-hye, in return for political
YSRCP Party gets new MLA by name Dommeti Venkateswarlu According to sources it was stated that former East Godavari District Congress Committee president and former MLC Dommeti Venkateswarlu joined the YSRCP on Thursday. Dommeti and a large number of his followers met Leader of the Opposition and YSRCP chief YS Jagan Mohan Reddy during his Praja Sankalpa Yatra at Pattikonda in Kurnool district and formally joined the party.
- Chandrababu Naidu is one leader who is completely morally bankrupt
- Why TDP MLA MLA Vallabhaneni Vamsi gives resignation?
- AP Assembly leaves 3 day vacation for MLAs
- Innovative Machines to be installed in Hyderabad Airport
- Nara Lokesh should know when to keep calm - Nandi Awards controversy erupts
- Hyderabad Park Hotel Owner has been accused for Cheating
- You can turn Agriculture into a profitable business says Microsoft Founder Bill Gates
- Hyderabad Air Hostess Harassed - Sexual Abuser falls on feet and apologizes - Watch Video
- Ivanka Trump's Hyderabad Schedule kept secret due to security reasons
- Andhra inspector caught with illegal assets more than 100 crores! SHOCKING Photos inside
- Study reveals Treated poultry excrement could replace approximately 10% of coal used in electricity generation
- Deepika Padukone's movie postponed as Karni Sena says they would cut her nose!
- Why Upasana Kamineni, Nara Brahmani Came Together?
- YS Jagan's 12 Day Tour schedule released
- Income Tax is going to keep an eye on you, if you are going to buy a property for more than 30 Lakh Rupees