According to sources a court in South Korea on Friday sentenced Samsung's billionaire heir-apparent Lee Jae-yong to five years in prison for corruption. Sources have stated that Mr. Lee was accused of bribery in a scandal that also led to the impeachment of South Korea's former president.
Currently the case has gripped the public amid growing anger against South Korea's biggest companies, known as chaebols. Earlier the prosecutors had originally sought a 12 year sentence for Mr. Lee in a trial that was closely enmeshed with the case of former president Park Geun-hye, who is also now on trial.
Moreover also known as Jay Y Lee, the de facto head of the world's largest
smartphone maker had been detained since February on a string of corruption
charges and these included including bribery, embezzlement and hiding assets
overseas. Furthermore the 49 year old was accused of giving donations worth
41bn won ($36m; £29m) to non-profit foundations operated by Choi Soon-sil, a
friend of South Korea's former President Park Geun-hye, in return for political
TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17 Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- 6 died & 2 admitted in hospital after a gas leakage at Gerdau Steel plant
- Major controversy debate between BJP & Congress by Shashi Tharoor
- INDOFOS issued a warning of Heavy Rain for AP
- Osmania University makes new rule for PhD Thesis submitting students
- Tamilnadu has Amma Canteens, AP has Anna Canteens