According to sources a court in South Korea on Friday sentenced Samsung's billionaire heir-apparent Lee Jae-yong to five years in prison for corruption. Sources have stated that Mr. Lee was accused of bribery in a scandal that also led to the impeachment of South Korea's former president.
Currently the case has gripped the public amid growing anger against South Korea's biggest companies, known as chaebols. Earlier the prosecutors had originally sought a 12 year sentence for Mr. Lee in a trial that was closely enmeshed with the case of former president Park Geun-hye, who is also now on trial.
Moreover also known as Jay Y Lee, the de facto head of the world's largest
smartphone maker had been detained since February on a string of corruption
charges and these included including bribery, embezzlement and hiding assets
overseas. Furthermore the 49 year old was accused of giving donations worth
41bn won ($36m; £29m) to non-profit foundations operated by Choi Soon-sil, a
friend of South Korea's former President Park Geun-hye, in return for political
Indian Sikh man's turban ripped by white man outside UK Parliament According to report from London according to a media report, Ravneet Singh, 37, who is from Punjab, was waiting to enter the Portcullis House, part of the British Parliamentary Estate, to meet Sikh Labor MP Tanmanjeet Singh Dhesi when the assault took place. Meanwhile Singh said he was waiting in the queue when the man, who was shouting "Muslim go back", approached him and tried to remove his turban, a religious headgear.
- India moves to cancel Nirav Modi's passport
- South Korea says visit of North Korea's General builds North-South relations
- Wipro's next project on a 40 acre land in Telangana
- Aircel isn't closed yet, don't believe rumors!!
- A land of controversies and scandals: Is North Korea a danger zone?
- Your Privacy is in danger, as your love could end in porn sites!!
- Want to Join with Kamal? Visit this website and become a Member
- Kamal explains meaning for his party symbol
- 24 year girl asked to leave an Emirates flight complaining about period pain to her boyfriend
- Nasa existing suits have diapers called maximum absorbency garments
- Donald Trump: 20% of school's teachers be trained to carry concealed weapons
- Astronomers detected black holes ever discovered in the universe
- Preity Zinta filed a case of molestation against Ness Wadia
- Twitter announced new set of guidelines from posting mass tweets
- PyeongChang Winter Olympics slated between February 9-25