Kollywood sources have stated that the Industry's legendary actor Shivaiji Ganesan's memorial constructed by the Tamilnadu Government at a cost of Rs.2.80 crores will be unveiled on October 1, 2017 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the indomitable Nadigar Thilagam. The Chief Minister Edappadi K.Palanisamy has issued an order regarding this.
Meanwhile he has also said that the Information and Publicity Minister Sellur K.Raju will unveil the memorial while Fisheries Minister D.Jayakumar will preside over the function. This means neither the CM nor the deputy CM will be gracing the occasion.
Furthermore disappointed by this, the family of the late actor represented
by his son and actor Prabhu has sent a letter to the Information and Publicity
minister in which he has requested that the Chief Minister and all the state
government dignitaries including Ministers, Mps and MLAs should attend the
memorial opening ceremony of the great actor.
TTD announces No devotees be allowed inside Temple from August 9 to August 17 Accordingly the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanam (TTD) on Saturday said that it would restrict 'darshan' for devotees at the Lord Venkateswara temple atop Tirumala between August 9 and August 17. Recently a special meeting was convened on the matter, following which TTD Trust Chairman Putta Sudhakar informed that a grand cleansing ritual, titled 'Maha Samprokshana', which is performed once in 12 years, was going to take place.
- Boat capsized at East Godavari hitting pillar of an under-construction bridge
- Famous Jagannath Rath Yatra taken off in flying colors
- Mehbooba Mufti's predecessor & National Conference leader Omar Abdullah mocked at Mufti's warning
- 6 died & 2 admitted in hospital after a gas leakage at Gerdau Steel plant
- Major controversy debate between BJP & Congress by Shashi Tharoor
- INDOFOS issued a warning of Heavy Rain for AP
- Osmania University makes new rule for PhD Thesis submitting students
- Tamilnadu has Amma Canteens, AP has Anna Canteens