Sources have reported that Health Secretary Radhakrishnan stated that "The dengue mosquito only requires 2mm depth of water to breed. In our state, the main cause for the spread (of the disease) is the availability of open water sources. In small houses, it's the blue drums, and in apartments, it would be the Syntex tanks which are left half open".
Meanwhile Tamilnadu's Health Department says that with 1 lakh doctors - including 20,000 employed by the government - the state is well-equipped to handle the spread of dengue. 125 ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test centres are working around the clock. Further almost all the ministers in the Tamilnadu cabinet have recommended the use of 'nilavembu kashayam' (a soup made of papaya leaves), a drink which is said to boost immunity, but whose efficacy has not been established by research. But test results in the lab have apparently been good.
Moreover the Health Department has asked people to
participate in a source eradication program, and keep their surroundings
clean. However, the state's Health department has once again asked the people
to avoid over the counter medicines and visit, preferably a government hospital
if any fever persists for more than 4 days.
Will Congress defeat PM Narendra Modi by 2019 elections? New Delhi sources added that to defeat Narendra Modi in the next general Lok Sabha elections, Opposition Congress is said to be mulling over to do a big sacrifice the grand old party is contemplating to contest in relatively less number of seats to accommodate its allies. Meanwhile the move is to attract as many as Opposition parties for a grand alliance to take on Modi led NDA.
- Do you want to know the fittest Hollywood Actresses?
- UK welcomes Indian students to their world leading educational institutions
- Fittest Hollywood Actors made easy through Yoga
- NASA Administrator Jim Bridenstine called Whitson an inspiration
- Fuego Volcano faced biggest eruption in recent years
- HD Kumaraswamy instructed officials to release 20,000 cusecs from Kabini dam to Tamilnadu
- Arvind Kejriwal waging war with PM, receiving support from All
- Will Vizag Railway Zone be approved by Central Government?