According to sources Nakshatra during the month of Aippasi, offering rice Annam to Lord Shiva would help yielding good production of crop, economic progress, and development of kingdom (Rajya Abhivruddhi). Hence Annabishekam (special abishekam with cooked rice) is an annual affair during the full moon day of Tamil Month Aippasi, being performed in several Temple.
Today Diwali is celebrated by Hindus, Jains and Sikhs across the globe as the "Festival of Light," in the month of aippasi where the lights or lamps signify victory of good over the evil within every human being. The festival is also celebrated by Buddhists of Nepal, particularly the Newar Buddhists. To have a wealthy and comfortable life, one has to perform Sri Lakshmi Kubera Pooja especially during Deepawali festival days (Amavasya day).
Skanda Sashti is observed on the sixth day of the bright fortnight of the
Tamil month of Aippasi. This day is dedicated to the Lord Subramanya
(Karthikeya), the festival commences six days before the Sashti day and concludes
on the day of the Sashti. The story of Skanda is found among others in the
Kumara Tantra, (kaumaaram) Mahabharatha, Ramayana, and Shiva Purana and is
retold in Kalidasa's Kumara Sambhavam.
Hindu God's praying Day wise is auspicious In Hindu mythology, every day of the week is dedicated to one particular god. Devotees who believe in god worship particular lords every day. So, if you want to worship all avatras and forms of god in particular, you get one whole day to shower your devotion to the god! In short, every day of the week is dedicated to a particular god. For example, Monday is a day which is devoted to Lord Shiva. Tuesday is the day to worship Lord Hanuman, Wednesday to Lord Ganesha etc.
- Goddess Durga Mantras for Happy and Prosperous Life
- Some interesting facts about the Harvest Festival - Pongal
- Significance of Pongal
- Every morning offer water to Sun God
- Get Shakthi from Adhiparasakthi, Melmaruvathur
- Tamilnadu people calls Pongal as a Harvest Festival
- Tirumala Tirupati Darshan : 06.01.2018
- Do you know the importance of Ugadi Festival?
- Mangalsutra in Women is a powerful weapon
- New Year Special Hindu Festivals of 2018 associated with Deities and Mantras
- Worshiping Family Deity is more important
- Lord Shiva's sacred Bull is the Hindu God Nandi
- Gopurams of Tamilnadu which is known for its architecture
- Do you know about Sabarimala Vratham?
- Worshiping Lord Shiva the Lord of Power gives us energy