The highly developed and sensitive palates of the Tamilians are well chronicled in the Sangam classics. They believe that food should ideally cater to all the six tastes - bitter, pungent, sweet, salty, sour and astringent.Tamil Nadu has a wide variety of delicious food both for the vegetarians as well as the non-vegetarians, though most of it is made of grains, lentils, rice and vegetables. Spices are added to give a distinctive taste. Rice has been the staple diet of the Tamilians, an inculcated habit, due to the large-scale cultivation of the crop in the state.Chettinad cuisine, a speciality in Tamil Nadu, is famous for its hot and spicy non-vegetarian food. A part of the Mudaliar community is non-vegetarians and its cuisine is delightfully spicy without being too hot. Wet masalas are generally used, the main ingredients being fresh coconut paste and ground ginger-garlic.
Prep Time : 11-15 minutes
Cook time : 2.30-3 hour
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Moderate
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Madras Lamb Curry Recipe
Lamb cut into 2 inch cubes on the bone 750 grams
Green chillies 2 small
Garlic cloves 4
Ginger roughly chopped 1 inch
Yogurt ¾ cup
Salt to taste
Coconut oil 3 tablespoons
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves 10-12
Onions finely chopped 3 medium
Tomatoes pureed 4 medium
Tamarind paste 1 tablespoon
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
Fresh coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tablespoons
Coriander seeds 1 tablespoon
Fenugreek seeds (methi dana) 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
Poppy seeds (khuskhus) 2 teaspoons
Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
Black peppercorns 2 teaspoons
Fennel seeds (saunf) ½ teaspoon
Cinnamon sticks 3 inch sticks
Red chillies dried 4
Turmeric powder ¼ teaspoon
To make curry powder, dry roast coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, poppy seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, fennel seeds, cinnamon, cloves and red chillies in a non-stick pan till fragrant. Cool and grind with turmeric powder to a fine powder.
Grind together the green chillies, garlic and ginger with sufficient water to make a fine paste.
Put the lamb in a large bowl, add the ground curry powder, yogurt and salt and mix well. Set aside in a refrigerator to marinate for two hours.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add mustard seeds. Once they start to splutter, add the curry leaves and onions and sauté till lightly browned. Add the ground paste and saute for two to three minutes.
Calories : 2374
Carbohydrates : 74.8
Protein : 158.8
Fat : 159.6
edWisor Joins Hands with Top Tech Companies to Provide Strategic Hiring and Skill Development edWisor Joins Hands with Top Tech Companies to Provide Strategic Hiring and Skill DevelopmentedWisor - A skill development and employability service-provider has tied up with start-ups and product companies like CrediHealth, LeadSquared, Avantsy Technologies, Powerweave, Data Peace, App Street, Finvest FX, MPokket etc. to strengthen the hiring possibilities, by providing appropriate skill development programmes to young professionals and students.
- Noise Introduces Noise Play 2 Action Camera at INR 9,999
- LG Inaugurates North Indias Largest Private Eye Hospital Dedicated Wing for Treating EWS Patients
- Why is eating Biscuits and Bhel wrong?
- Cloud computing is driving productivity and profitability of SMBs
- 5Paisa Free Stock Trading App Reaches 1 Million Users, First Among Discount Brokers
- IvyCamp and Sonata Software Form Strategic Partnership to Launch an Open Innovation Program
- Nokia 7 plus will get dual VoLTE support
- StoreHippo Launches Vertical Marketplace Solution to give Brands Alternatives to Selling on Popular Marketplaces
- Advanced Gas Piston Based Assault Rifles to be Made in India by MKU with EDIC Caracal, UAE
- With Woo Phone Indias Leading Dating App Woo is Dialing up the Dating Game
- Tata Sky Launches World Screen a Carefully Curated Bouquet of Ad Free Global Content for just Rs. 75 per Month
- Consumer Digital Behaviour could Decide Premium for their Cars in Future
- HyderabadOnline.in & Smart Urbanation 2018 Announce Tie-up to Promote Smart Cities in India
- India Power Corporation Limited
- Carrera 2018 Advertising Campaign #Driveyourstory with Ranveer Singh